Tannus Amour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

Hi I have had Tannus Amour fitted in the rear wheel of my ebike for peace of mind it's a bit of a faf getting the rear wheel off my ebike to repair a flat at the roadside money well spent.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Welcome :welcome:

Please do stick around and let us know how you get along with them.

Tannus tyres are an often discussed subject on here. Often what happens is someone asks "Are Tannus Tyres any good?" and loads of people - who have never used them - pile in saying they are probably rubbish.

But we have actually very few people with real world experience, so please report on how they go for you.

Hi I have had Tannus Amour fitted in the rear wheel of my ebike for peace of mind it's a bit of a faf getting the rear wheel off my ebike to repair a flat at the roadside money well spent.
Interesting; I'd love to know how you like them as the possibility of a roadside flat in a tyre with the hub motor is one of the things that dissuaded me from an e-bike - but am still thinking of a conversion!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I saw the word Tannus and thought solid tyres, but I didn't appreciate what Tannus Armour is.

It's a tyre insert: Puncture protection and also run-flat.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Interesting; I'd love to know how you like them as the possibility of a roadside flat in a tyre with the hub motor is one of the things that dissuaded me from an e-bike - but am still thinking of a conversion!
Gives me a piece mind and I don't pump it up.to hard but the ability to get home is fantastic.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Tannus ' Amour'? Could anyone seriously love Tanus ?
I do

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Hi Kitty yes it's difficult at the side of the road they say you would be extremely unlucky to get a flat with the Tannus armour fitted.i can't walk very far but go miles on my ebike .so the fact I can ride home if it did puncture is great I carry a spare tube for the front wheel.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
It says the protection is 13-15mm in the tread area plus you need to use a smaller tube than normal for the tyre size. So far less air volume. A marathon plus tyre has about 5mm and is bomb proof. If worried about punctures on an e bike I’d just go with a robust tyre like the plus .

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Hi Kitty yes it's difficult at the side of the road they say you would be extremely unlucky to get a flat with the Tannus armour fitted.i can't walk very far but go miles on my ebike .so the fact I can ride home if it did puncture is great I carry a spare tube for the front wheel.
I can't tell whether you deliberately misspelt 'Armour' as 'Amour' (French word for 'love') because you really DO love your Tannus kit that much, or you did it accidentally and didn't get @Cycleops's joke! :whistle::laugh:

Top Bottom