Sold elsewhere: Shimano 105 R7000 set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Appreciate the suggestion, but that's not the way I roll. ^_^
Sure I have cards but I only use them to keep my cash in the bank a little longer. I always pay the bill in full, every month.
So do I. You typically have 6 weeks to pay off a CC, so if you time it right and price competitively, there should be no issue in having the funds in time.

vickster

Legendary Member
Some of us don't have credit cards OR overdraft facilities!

I certainly don't now. I only buy what I already have the funds to pay for.

Ditto but an interest free CC is great… esp for unexpected big bills like a £20k roof. Keep the money in the bank earning 5% interest and pay the minimum and then card balance just before IF term comes to an end. And get a load of nectar/other points.
But we’re talking a couple of hundred here!
And somewhat off topic!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

All understood and agree in principle, but if I don't sell the stuff I'm left with whatever the £200 difference is to find, which I can but don't want to do. Not worth the risk to me.
As I said, no sale (agreed at least), no conversion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

I have someone interested elsewhere.
However they want it for a drop bar gravel bike which currently has a 1x set up.
What brifters and other bits will they need to buy to use this 105 stuff?

vickster

Legendary Member
Assuming going disc brake… Hydraulic brifters, hydraulic brake calipers, rotors, cables.
Are you supplying the crankset as well as the chainrings?

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Crankset is up for discussion as it could be re-used if I go for a non SHIMANO chainring.
What if they already have hydraulic brakes, fitted, can they not just get a pair of hydraulic brifters, or even use their already fitted brifters?

vickster

Legendary Member
Crankset is up for discussion as it could be re-used if I go for a non SHIMANO chainring.
What if they already have hydraulic brakes, fitted, can they not just get a pair of hydraulic brifters, or even use their already fitted brifters?

It depends what they have already obviously, but if going from GRX to 105 they may need other parts. Post what they have right now for folks to assess what they need rather than dealing in hypotheticals! :rolleyes:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have someone interested elsewhere.
However they want it for a drop bar gravel bike which currently has a 1x set up.
What brifters and other bits will they need to buy to use this 105 stuff?

Depends what's on the bike at the moment, and what type of brakes it has. But they'll want front and rear shifters (the most expensive part of the whole groupset) both mechs, cassette probably (but not necessarily) the chainset & BB.

I changed my (drop bar, mechanical brakes) bike over to 105 R7000 a few years ago. TBH if I was in that position now, I wouldn't really be interested in your offer because all I'd have been getting that would be useful to me would be the mechs (which aren't too expensive anyway) and the cassette. I'd still have had to source the shifters, crankset and BB.

Just the chainrings, and not the whole chainset would have been no use to me back then because I had a (completely worn out) SRAM chainset that I was removing so I wanted the whole thing. And your putative buyer is going from 1x so probably won't have a suitable crankset (unless they have one in a box somewhere)

Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

It depends what they have already obviously, but if going from GRX to 105 they may need other parts. Post what they have right now for folks to assess what they need rather than dealing in hypotheticals! :rolleyes:
I did ask, and it's a full GRX 800 with hydraulics.

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Depends what's on the bike at the moment, and what type of brakes it has. But they'll want front and rear shifters (the most expensive part of the whole groupset) both mechs, cassette probably (but not necessarily) the chainset & BB.

I changed my (drop bar, mechanical brakes) bike over to 105 R7000 a few years ago. TBH if I was in that position now, I wouldn't really be interested in your offer because all I'd have been getting that would be useful to me would be the mechs (which aren't too expensive anyway) and the cassette. I'd still have had to source the shifters, crankset and BB.

Just the chainrings, and not the whole chainset would have been no use to me back then because I had a (completely worn out) SRAM chainset that I was removing so I wanted the whole thing. And your putative buyer is going from 1x so probably won't have a suitable crankset (unless they have one in a box somewhere)

Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Thanks, yes it soes, so it's looking unlikely I'll be able to sell them on and so may end up keeping them, either on the bike or as spares or to swap back if desired.

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

I’m booking the bike in for the work next week so the parts are now coming availability imminently.
Any takers for the 105 stuff, let me know?

Top Bottom