Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kids in bed - time for dinner

Time to try out the new pans - had to chuck the old pones as they are no Induction Hob compatible

anyway - they look great
come with instructions that you need to wash them then wipe them with oil then rinse with hot water
all done

bit weird cooking but OK

then - how to wash

Hmmmm - NOT dishwasher proof!!!
WIfe says that this is the opposite to what it said on the website when she order them!!!

not happy!

dicko

Guru
I had problem with a buyer many years ago

Thing is - stuff is installed to the standards current at the time - they don;t get a crystal ball out and work out the standards when the house will be sold at some undetermined point in the future
Unfortunately some buyers - or their solicitors - don;t seem to realise this

Basically this buyer did all the survey and everything and made an offer - which I accepted - but then wanted everything brought up to standard before she would go further
I was willing to do the minimum - but refused to go further
This was actually electrical stuff
specifically there was an electrical socket too near the back door - hence - apparently - tempting to plug garden equipment into without a saftery thing
I offered to blank the socket off - thus leaving no sockets in the dining room. If she wanted it moving (and hence the damage etc) then she would have to pay for it.

In the end I told her to get lost - to be fair it probably lost me thousands as I ended up selling to a builder for a lower price

so you ahve to decided if it is worth spending a few hundred to keep the sale

Sorry to hear that. I employed a qualified electrician to survey this house which we were buying, the vendor accepted this. The electrician found many faults totalling £1000 or thereabouts to put right, the vendor accepted this. The price was reduced and before a we moved in our electrician fixed all the faults.
If you really do want to sell your home you must be flexible. We are upgrading our Solar batteries to a Tesla Powerwall 3 in September we will be bringing everything up to date.

Sorry to hear that. I employed a qualified electrician to survey this house which we were buying, the vendor accepted this. The electrician found many faults totalling £1000 or thereabouts to put right, the vendor accepted this. The price was reduced and before a we moved in our electrician fixed all the faults.
If you really do want to sell your home you must be flexible. We are upgrading our Solar batteries to a Tesla Powerwall 3 in September we will be bringing everything up to date.

I suppose it depends on the circumstances
In my case I felt the buyer was just being unreasonable about it and if I sorted one thing out for her then there would be another thing

That was just the electrics - there was also a lot of unreasonablness about the drains - she demanded a receipt for them being fixed but there wsn;t one as it was the main sewer that happened to go under the property - so they sorted it out as soon as they were told
But she wanted the receipt - not even a letter from them was good enough
and then there was the front porch
and then there would have been something else

so we just put it back on sale and left her to either carry on or pull out

if a seller is being more reasonable it is worth co-operating.

Drago

Legendary Member
In our case I didn't want to lose the particular house we'd set our sights on, the odds of finding another equally well suited to our needs was slim.

Otherwise, I'd have told them to sod off.

I told one to sod off who'd offered 20k under asking price. She was so far adrift I didn't even bother making a counter offer, left the ball in her court.

From what I've heard from my old neighbours they discovered a leak in the roof after they'd moved in (that I genuinely didn't know about) that cost them a couple of grand to sort. Perhaps if their surveyor had do e a more thorough instead of hassling me for non problems they'd have discovered it before completing.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Hmmmm - NOT dishwasher proof!!!
WIfe says that this is the opposite to what it said on the website when she order them!!!
Well, if you buy "sight unseen", then you have to leave enough time to return and replace them before you need to use them, in case the description was wrong, it gets delivered to a random other house, or they simply try to con you. Otherwise, John Lewis used to do some nice induction pans and I expect many other stores do.

Top Bottom