Small bike shop related accidental purchase.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Bromptons are really slow and hard to ride with such small wheels.....

To be fair there is some truth in this - they can feel somewhat skittish and riding one on grass feels like pedalling through treacle.. however other than that I've found mine to be surprisingly capable :smile:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tkk showing off her sparkly purple laces and TuTu at yesterday's BWC 😄

IMG_5838.jpeg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Nice - I'd completely forgotten about the BWC. Doesn't seem to get publicised on my feeds any more.

Wouldn't mind another shot at it.

It was a really excellent week end. The venue at Coal Drops yard is perfect as there's lots of other stuff going on, street food, bars etc. A great community spirit, and people from all over the world. A load of people racing " proper " road bikes both before and after the Brommie event.
It looks like it is going to be a really expensive weekend for us as Mrs Tkk was chatting to a couple of people about a 12 speed T line...

Kell

Veteran
It was a really excellent week end. The venue at Coal Drops yard is perfect as there's lots of other stuff going on, street food, bars etc. A great community spirit, and people from all over the world. A load of people racing " proper " road bikes both before and after the Brommie event.
It looks like it is going to be a really expensive weekend for us as Mrs Tkk was chatting to a couple of people about a 12 speed T line...

Ha - I was looking at a 12-speed the other day. Not the T-Line though.

My local shop had a Beetle Green (paint) C-Line in the flesh and it looked amazing - disappointed it doesn't look like you can order that colour with the 12-speed P-Line.

ETA - it's Emerald Lacquer apparently and it looks like it might have been discontinued.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Ha - I was looking at a 12-speed the other day. Not the T-Line though.

My local shop had a Beetle Green (paint) C-Line in the flesh and it looked amazing - disappointed it doesn't look like you can order that colour with the 12-speed P-Line.

ETA - it's Emerald Lacquer apparently and it looks like it might have been discontinued.

There have been some gorgeous finishes, Mrs Tkk's Brommie has a sparkly purple finish which regularly gets remarked on.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
To be fair there is some truth in this - they can feel somewhat skittish and riding one on grass feels like pedalling through treacle.. however other than that I've found mine to be surprisingly capable :smile:

The amount of times I've taken a shortcut across a field and quickly regretted it!
Any bike on grass feels like pedalling through treacle.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
The amount of times I've taken a shortcut across a field and quickly regretted it!
Any bike on grass feels like pedalling through treacle.

Indeed; although I find the smaller the wheels the worse it is; my 29" MTB does a pretty convincing job on grass!

Top Bottom