Should I buy this ebike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Attis07

Hello,

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1172927133765982/

I have tried out the bike in person but the only issue is that battery (Unlimited) is not produced anymore at all, so if anything happens with it then I could not replace it. The seller told me that it is not produced anymore.
Apart from this the bike itself is in brand new condition. Never been used

Is it risky to buy it if I cannot find the same brand of battery if anything happens with it? What do you think? And how many years the battery would approximately?

https://www.inceptivemind.com/unlimited-ebike-conversion-kit-makes-converts-minutes/14298/

This is the conversion kit which is installed on the bike.

OP
OP
A

Attis07

No way would I pay anywhere near £700 for that bike. I would look to buy a similar bike (if that is the type you want) on its own and then buy a kit to fit to it yourself with a fresh battery like a Yose power kit. The battery may well be end of life which is why the seller is selling it. He wants to get the maximum value from it before the battery completely fails. I've seen secondhand recent voodoo bikes go sub £200. The bike may have been used extensively for commuting for the last few years.

Batteries can be recelled - the place that did mine a while ago is no longer running so I can't recommend anywhere but they do exist

However - that battery looks like one that should be on a rear rack and the connectors look vulnerable to water as they point upwards
might be OK to start but things happen and if water gets in then it is screwed

only my opinion - which may well be worthless

In any case - I would also be wondering about it having a battery that is no longer available and the bike has never been ridden - how old is the battery and has it been stored properly??

sorry - too many red flags for me

OP
OP
A

Attis07

That's far, far, far too expensive.

Thwt aside, and obsolete battery doesn't prevent an insurmountable obstacle. It can probably be re-celled when it expires, or else the bike modified and a different unit fitted itmyoumhave the gumption.

But 700 sheets is about three times its real market value.

He would sell it for 580£ to me, we shaked hands and promised it to me as well. He realized (during my visit) that it has a power assist function when you start up the bike and that is why it is 700 quids now but the time when I have checked the bike in person it was 580£. He told me the bike would actually worth 1200£.

OP
OP
A

Attis07

Batteries can be recelled - the place that did mine a while ago is no longer running so I can't recommend anywhere but they do exist

However - that battery looks like one that should be on a rear rack and the connectors look vulnerable to water as they point upwards
might be OK to start but things happen and if water gets in then it is screwed

only my opinion - which may well be worthless

In any case - I would also be wondering about it having a battery that is no longer available and the bike has never been ridden - how old is the battery and has it been stored properly??

sorry - too many red flags for me

I did not asked the age of the battery. The bike has been stored in his flat. He never used it at all, plus he would give a rack and the original rear wheel if I would decide to convert it back to a push bike.

OP
OP
A

Attis07

No way would I pay anywhere near £700 for that bike. I would look to buy a similar bike (if that is the type you want) on its own and then buy a kit to fit to it yourself with a fresh battery like a Yose power kit. The battery may well be end of life which is why the seller is selling it. He wants to get the maximum value from it before the battery completely fails. I've seen secondhand recent voodoo bikes go sub £200. The bike may have been used extensively for commuting for the last few years.

That's far, far, far too expensive.

Thwt aside, and obsolete battery doesn't prevent an insurmountable obstacle. It can probably be re-celled when it expires, or else the bike modified and a different unit fitted itmyoumhave the gumption.

But 700 sheets is about three times its real market value.

He would sell it for 580£ to me, we shaked hands and promised it to me as well. He realized (during my visit) that it has a power assist function when you start up the bike and that is why it is 700 quids now but the time when I have checked the bike in person it was 580£. He told me the bike would actually worth 1200£.
The bike itself has never been used. I could see as well when I tried it out.

CXRAndy

Guru
Look at Tongscheng TSDZ2 kits or Bafang BBS kits. These are bottom bracket as opposed to rear wheel kits and offer far more torque.

This is my wife's bike I made up for her. The kit is TSDZ2 taken from her original bike I converted 4 years earlier. Donor bike is Kona Dew Deluxe. I changed out front fork for suspension to take up to 29" wheel if she ever wanted.

1000012158.jpg

Bike fully finished and on tour King Alfred's Way this summer
1000013823.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Attis07

Look at Tongscheng TSDZ2 kits or Bafang BBS kits. These are bottom bracket as opposed to rear wheel kits and offer far more torque.

This is my wife's bike I made up for her. The kit is TSDZ2 taken from her original bike I converted 4 years earlier. Donor bike is Kona Dew Deluxe. I changed out front fork for suspension to take up to 29" wheel if she ever wanted.

View attachment 749942
Bike fully finished and on tour King Alfred's Way this summer
View attachment 749943

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/which-ebike-should-i-buy.299823/

Which one would be the best choice in your opinion?

Top Bottom