Shed TV shed set up advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
Hi,

I have a 40 inch TV currently on the wall which is far too high for Rouvy etc but I just watch it on the ipad and look up occasionally for a different point of view mostly.

I'm thinking I'd like a much bigger tv for an more 'immersive' virtual cycling experience now they are so cheap. I have two questions;

- Is there such a thing as too big a tv for this set up? The wall is 2.8m wide and the tv is 40inch. The little boy inside me is screaming for a tv as big as the entire wall but I appreciate that might be taking it a bit far and;

- What is the optimum height for the tv for virtual cycling. Should my eye line be level with the top of the tv for example? I'm going to have to remount the tv mount so hopefully the new tv will cover the old holes else I'll need to do some filling.

Any advice from you pro's out there?

TIA

Matt

Attachments

• 20240906_104857 (Copy).jpg
    20240906_104857 (Copy).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240906_104905 (Copy).jpg
    20240906_104905 (Copy).jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240906_104922 (Copy).jpg
    20240906_104922 (Copy).jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 11

CXRAndy

Guru
No I have a 65" TV just in front of my setup
1000003625.jpg

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
What about a projector that covers the whole wall?

I asked a mate about this who has one. He didn't recommend citing quality issues and also wouldn't be good at night or similar. He said I just wouldn't beat a big tv's quality. Whether that is true, I am not qualified to answer.

presta

Guru
It seems to me that 'optimum' would be a TV that gives an angle of view that matches the camera angle of view, so that the perspective of the picture looks right.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I asked a mate about this who has one. He didn't recommend citing quality issues and also wouldn't be good at night or similar. He said I just wouldn't beat a big tv's quality. Whether that is true, I am not qualified to answer.

Fair enough, so it comes down to quality vs size vs cost. A projector falls down on quality but wins on size and cost. If you need the quality then it's a screen. Do they do monitors that big?

si_c

Guru
I reckon you'd get a 65" in there no problem.

That being said if you have a bigger TV in the house - upgrade that and move the old one to the shed.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
I wish I did have room in the house for a bigger tv. I bought the cheap tv (£200) for the shed first as an experiment. I figured if the cold winter got to it then I wouldn't suffer so much financial pain lol! It seems to work fine out. Might look for a 'cheap' 65 inch.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Unless you're watching something in 4k or higher resolution then being fairly close to a large screen TV is not pleasant.
Is Rouvy available in 4k?

CXRAndy

Guru
Unless you're watching something in 4k or higher resolution then being fairly close to a large screen TV is not pleasant.
Is Rouvy available in 4k?

Mine is a Samsung 4k @60hz refresh . Zwift runs at 4k and is super crisp on 65".

Rouvy is satisfactory on it, but my wife runs it on a 32"

I upgraded my PC recently so I can run both Zwift and Rouvy with dual screens setup simultaneously

Top Bottom