Science Experiment #2: Slug MPH

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Ok, following on from the great success that was my scientific experiment on frying eggs on pavements (fuggin' waste of time btw), my new highly detailed and guaranteed 110% accurate experiment was to speed test a slug.

So, we have a start point of 2.5" at 10:07.

slug1.jpg

A blistering 3 minutes later, our slug, let's call him Sammy, had covered a whopping 7.5".

slug2.jpg

Feel free to shoot me down in flames on my calculations but I rec Sammy sprinting seven and a half inches in 3 minutes means he would cover 150" in an hour and therefore his speed is: 0.002367 mph.

Couple of details to note, although it's windy the runway was sheltered and the surface flat.

In thanks of his taking part in this, I think we can all agree thrilling experiment, I lobbed Sammy over the fence.

Steve Malkin

Veteran
But what was his speed whilst flying over the fence?

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
He would have gone faster on a smoother surface, so I think in the interests of furthering scientific knowledge, you should re-do the experiment with Sammy, on a plate of glass. If you nip round your neighbour's house, you should be able to find him - after all, he won't have gone far. ^_^

About 15' (from where he landed) by my calculations.

U

User169

I assume you passed this one by the ethics committe and informed consent forms are in place!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I assume you passed this one by the ethics committe and informed consent forms are in place!

The slug is on a zero hours contract. It knows the score.

Top Bottom