riding on Stoney or wet mud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrichardson55

Hi all

quick question for all with brompton bikes with the most tires we all use. it can be all skittish with these conditions, ive found letting some pressure out to 60ish psi i get some better grip and seems to handles the conditions better, is there anything special to help ride this roads ? i don't think there is a of road tire available for the bike ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Same applies to any tyre, you need some tread to navigate mud etc. Slick tyres are terrible, even on just wet grass. Lowering pressure is just a temporary 'fix' for that section of trail.

If you are mixing up terrain, you need a tyre that possibly has some slick centre ridge, with some knobbles - e.g. Schwalbe landcruisers !

OP
OP
neilrichardson55

neilrichardson55

Same applies to any tyre, you need some tread to navigate mud etc. Slick tyres are terrible, even on just wet grass. Lowering pressure is just a temporary 'fix' for that section of trail.

If you are mixing up terrain, you need a tyre that possibly has some slick centre ridge, with some knobbles - e.g. Schwalbe landcruisers !

Thankyou they look like a better tire I did not know that they do them :smile: all I can find In the 16” is the road cruiser which seems to have more tread and better side walls ! But it’s still a road tire. You can’t get off road but can get a studded snow tire lololol

Top Bottom