Ribble CGR Ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedallingNowhereSlowly

I took the bike out for what turned out to be a 58km 'social' ride with the local Triathlon group. I went out with the easy group. Most of the other riders were on what I call race-inspired road bikes with the tiniest saddle bags. I was the only person to turn up to partake in the ride on a bike with full mudguards, a rack and a trunk bag, which was three-quarter filled. ( - why do I insist on carrying so much stuff!?)

The ride was both longer and faster than advertised (this was the easy group). And with over 500m of climbing involved. So I had the heaviest bike and I definitely wasn't the fittest rider ( ... still building up fitness and getting weight down). We did okay - at least until the 40km mark (the advertised ride length) when I started flagging on account of not taking any fuel.

I think the aero advantage of the Mavic Cosmic SL45 wheels helped make up some of the weight penalty - I was freewheeling more than a lot of the riders. That could equally be attributed to the bike still being fairly new with good bearings etc..

I'll quite happily use the CGR for more of these rides. Partially because I don't have a 'fast' road bike but also because I can keep up.

Top Bottom