Recommendations for a vacuum cleaner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
How come there are so many stalls selling second hand Dysons on markets, but never the other brands we have all mentioned. As for Vax well the one we had had was worse than a chocolate teapot.

I've got a Bosch jobbie that came as a free promotional gift with my new washing machine.

It's a brilliant hoover with variable suction strengths and very well made. It doesn't have the biggest collecting bag out there so may not be suitable for a large house but its just the ticket for my flat.

sazzaa

The people who go in at the end of a construction project do a "Builder's Clean". It means sucking up an awful lot of plaster dust, shavings and other evil bits and bobs that test a vacuum cleaner. I have never seen any of those crews waving pastel-colour Dysons. They all seem to drag in battered Henrys, and they don't throw them into the skip at the end of the day.
I've used a Henry to clean up broken glass before, when my car window was smashed into a million pieces, and it worked like a dream!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
We've got a Dyson, it works well so the cleaner tells me. We've also got one of these chaps, I can't say what they're like on carpet as we don't have any of the filthy stuff but set him going on a hard floor and he's great, the little minx.

image.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We've got a Dyson, it works well so the cleaner tells me. We've also got one of these chaps, I can't say what they're like on carpet as we don't have any of the filthy stuff but set him going on a hard floor and he's great, the little minx.

View attachment 47333
I think it's just hoovered up your Chinchilla ....

I start at the assumption that they are all plastic rubbish that is not made to last.
Dysons are really noisy, very expensive and seem to break the most. I went down the dump and there was a "Dyson" pile there of about 20 of them.
Henry type seems to be used by commercial cleaners but is that as they are good for wheeling around large rooms?

We are running a Toshiba cylinder job that is now 10 years old, was fairly cheap new and is fine aside from a few bits of gaffer tape holding the tube and fittings together. Filters can be washed out (no need to replace) and it was the quietist when new and is still quite quiet now. I would probably buy another when this packs up.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Henry's are used by commercial peeps because they suck hard, are durable and inexpensive.
Allergenic bags are available and they'll happily eat building rubble.
All round they are one if the truly great products IMO.

Chromatic

Legendary Member

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
We have a Miele and one of those robotic things. The robo-cleaner is good for keeping the cat hair under control whilst the Miele is used weekly to give a good thorough clean.

Incidentally, our local recycling centre has a shipping container set aside just for Dysons and it's always full.

fitnessfun

Depends what you are looking for. If you're looking for a Dyson that's a little less expensive then some I'd recommend the Dyson DC33. My family loves this little vaccuum and it has 35 feet of cord length, which is way nice when vacuuming big rooms.

Top Bottom