Recommend me some new tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Schwalbe Kojacks. I had them on my old Spa Tourer. Used them fully loaded along the Bridgewater Canal on my way to Delamere Forest. Very comfy. They're pretty much slick but unless you're doing some serious offroading, they're fine and roll easily.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I need touring Tyra that can handle canal towpath style off road!

Ok panaracer gravel king semi slicks then would be my choice/ recommendation, the non tubeless version, assuming you are on a tubed set up.

My OH has the semi slicks on her gravel bike, I have the SKs, as I occasionally do some more knarly off road, but she doesn't. Hers roll great on the road and have decent grip off-road and good protection.

Edit, you want the plus + version for the best puncture protection

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Schwalbe Kojacks. I had them on my old Spa Tourer. Used them fully loaded along the Bridgewater Canal on my way to Delamere Forest. Very comfy. They're pretty much slick but unless you're doing some serious offroading, they're fine and roll easily.

Not ideal if wet and on unsealed road that could be muddy though. The tour must go on so cant plan for dry weather only.

kabman

I have Schwalbe City Jet tyres in that size on my old Kona Lavadome that I use for commuting and have just done a 500mile ride around the Netherlands on.
But, like the majority of people, I don't go through enough tyres to be able to compare more than a few and only chose these because they were a decent brand that looked like the sort of thing I was after (mostly slick for country roads and a few gravel paths) and, most importantly, were a bargain price.
All I can say is that they roll nicely, look OK, have lasted well, have only had one puncture in about 5000 miles and have never given me any grief.

Top Bottom