Prescription direct glazed cycling glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
I have Optilabs varifocal cycling glasses which are fine. They phoned me to double check tye prescription and said if I had any problems with them to return and they would replace lenses. Find curved style glasses essential to block the sun out.

I agree that single vision os often fine for cycling

at least it is for me - in fact even for reading I often find myself looking at the book (OK Kindle) through the top part anyway

I only deliberatly use the other bit for small print and the like

Hence, for cycling I could even get the cheap one you seen advertised on the telly if my main concern was damaging my main specs
and then I would have a backup - which does worry me when we go on holiday - especially if it involves a lot of driving!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
For me it's wind protection plus a side benefit of cutting out glare round the edges. On a cold day when going fast my eyes stream too much wearing regular glasses.

Agree wind protection especially in cold weather - normal specs just leave me with streaming eyes especially on long fast descent.

Dadam

Über Member
How non glasses wearers survive on a bike is an eternal mystery to me.

If they’re pootling to the shops at 10 or 15 mph they probably won’t have much bother. If they’re getting some speed up they’d do well to wear at least some sunnies or safety specs. I wouldn’t fancy a bumblebee or lump of gravel in the eye at 25mph. Even a small fly is going to hurt

If they’re pootling to the shops at 10 or 15 mph they probably won’t have much bother. If they’re getting some speed up they’d do well to wear at least some sunnies or safety specs. I wouldn’t fancy a bumblebee or lump of gravel in the eye at 25mph. Even a small fly is going to hurt

I generally travel at about 15 mph and wear glasses
when I get a bit of gravel on my glasses it seems like a boulder
a bumble bee looks like a building

without theglasses if you be a serious problem

Top Bottom