Pier to Pier Way - Clevedon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
So much for the "soft" opening at the end of June!

Gwylan

Veteran
So much for the "soft" opening at the end of June!

We used to soft launch products.
Meant they nearly worked and there was pressure from upstairs.
Then it went to Field Engineering to sort it. Off our budget onto theirs

Oh, customer? They deal with Sales - they all get fancy cars and expenses. They can take it!
Sales is always in a turf war with Marketing.

Marketing invented dress down days. Knew when the chairman was visiting. All appeared in sharp suits and college ties.
They wrote the spec for the product in a drug induced haze ( we thought) and insisted that the laws of physics and economics were negotiable.

Deep down Marketing were hated by everybody. They had parking spaces, nice views from their offices, secretaries with long legs and assistants.
They had caffetieres and no idea where the coffee machine that served oxtail soup to any selection was.
And they are even more stupid than the Field Engineers.

FE drove dented transit vans and vanished on service calls for days on end and had healthy suntans.

Ajax Bay

Guru
The new bridge is good to go by all accounts, so 🤞
Well I went to the Weston end access 10 days ago (the day after you posted that) and it was still well blocked off.
When you say by "all accounts", which? Any? Open to drones!
Edit: Phoned NSsC 'roads': "Not announced"
Phoned 'The Owl in the Oak" cafe on N side: thought it was opened at 2pm today (Friday) "my children are going down to have a look now we're back from school."

RwGPS mapping offers that they have extended the Yeo Bank Lane past Tutshill Farm to turn onto the old rail track line.
1720186578116.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
As a point of interest, but on our way to Weston from Birmingham last weekend, I opted to try and avoid the A370 in to Weston from the end of the Strawberry Line as much as possible. So I routed us along Dolemoor Lane and into Puxton Lane. Oh boy oh boy, what a huge mistake that was!!!!
To be fair, it started of okay but it gradually got worse and worse until it resembled more like a war zone than any sort of road I've ridden on! In truth I was truly amazed that no one suffered a puncture, a ripped tyre or worse still a broken wheel. Needless to say that the others in the group were, shall we say, were less than pleased with my routing option.:laugh:

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So I routed us along Dolemoor Lane and into Puxton Lane. Oh boy oh boy, what a huge mistake that was!!!!
It is a bridleway but I don't think a horse could ride it without risking a broken leg the one and only time I tried, about 15 years ago. Potholes filled with bricks all jaggedy, not even flat like you sometimes see which are still a pain to ride on. I think a farmer doesn't like anyone using it and is playing chicken with the council, keeping it repaired but as malevolently as possible.

The best avoiding route is all the way down the Strawberry Line to Nye Road almost at Sandford, which is a long detour. That's why connecting NCN 33 is so wanted.

Top Bottom