Pedal for Scotland 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Hi all!
I have just found out I'm off on the day of the ride, will enroll tomorrow :hyper:
I am pretty sure I could ride it back to Glasgow if I take my time, but I don't know the way on the road.
I have read the previous threads, understand you are not allowed to cycle back the way you came.
Vanilla, are you up to cycling back with me, or shall I book on the transport to Glasgow? :hello:

Yay! :hyper:

I'll reply properly to your PM when I get home tonight but we'll be getting the train back from Edinburgh as my brother is at uni there and I'll probably dump the bikes at his and take him out for dinner, otherwise I'd have considered riding home via the canals if the weather is dry.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yay! :hyper:

I'll reply properly to your PM when I get home tonight but we'll be getting the train back from Edinburgh as my brother is at uni there and I'll probably dump the bikes at his and take him out for dinner, otherwise I'd have considered riding home via the canals if the weather is dry.
Hey, before dinner there's lunch :hungry:
If we leave Glasgow at about 9 we will make it to Edinburgh for lunch time: I think lunch is included in the entry fee :wahhey:

D

Deleted member 20519

Sorry for the stupid question but what date is the ride on? :huh:

I'm in and not done it before but not sure whether to use the road bike or the MTB. Is the route suitable for a road bike?
When I did the challenge route I was on a flat bar road bike and there was plenty of riders on the drops, the surface is 99% OK the only dodgy bit back then was the grass track through the Hopetoun Estate (they might have changed the route since then), you just have to slow down there.

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Its on Sunday 9th September

When I did the challenge route I was on a flat bar road bike and there was plenty of riders on the drops, the surface is 99% OK the only dodgy bit back then was the grass track through the Hopetoun Estate (they might have changed the route since then), you just have to slow down there.

Yeah the route finishes at Murrayfield now, you get to cycle through the stadium to a crowd of adoring fans empty seats

mydodgyfeet

In all honesty, how realistic is completing this - given today's "effort" was my first since January? I've not done it before.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
In all honesty, how realistic is completing this - given today's "effort" was my first since January? I've not done it before.
Ach, you'll be ok: if you really struggle you can stop, relax, head to the next train station back to Glasgow... I think :smile:

Col5632

Guru
Not sue if this is the case but the 100 milers went off between 07 & 07:45 last year... Then the challenge riders were released. The queues are huge by 8/9 so an early start is the way to go.

Couldnt agree with this statement more, think i was in the q for well over an hour last year :sad:

Top Bottom