Paul Walker from 2 Fast 2 Furious has died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Paul walker from 2 fast 2 furious died in a car crash. From video and pictures it looks like it was only his car and died on impact or burned alive in his car.
Walker was a passenger in a friend's car and both were attending a charity event for his organization, Reach Out Worldwide, in the community of Valencia in Santa Clarita, about 30 miles north of Hollywood.

The website for the charity said the Saturday event was intended to benefit victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
The crash took place about 3:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m. ET), about 300 yards from the office park where the event was held.

The Santa Clarita Valley Signal, citing a sheriff's deputy at the scene, said a red Porsche appeared to have lost control.

Deputies arrived at the scene to find a vehicle on fire, the sheriff's department said in a statement.

Once fire crews put the flames out, they found two occupants, both of whom were pronounced dead at the scene.
[image removed]

Saturday evening, all that remained was the burnt mangled metal of the car and a light pole that had been knocked down.
[image removed]

Mod edit: images removed.
Cycling Dan - feel free to post later in the thread with links to these images, but they were a bit graphic for people to be faced with unawares

Last edited by a moderator:

Kies

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I feel sorry for anybody who dies that way. Unfortunately, it is what happens when people drive too fast, and the sad irony is that making movies glamourising driving too fast probably encourages people to do it. Fortunately, nobody else (other than the 2 friends in the car) was involved.

According to a statement sent to RumorFix by the California Highway Patrol, “Speed was a factor in the solo vehicle collision.”

"Onlookers" knew who was in the car and their mobile phone numbers. Onlookers or participants in the race? (that road is a 15mph limit)

Linford

I'm struggling to raise sympathy for this if I'm honest. I feel sorry for him as a passenger as he didn't have control of the car (that said, nor did the driver)
9 people died on friday night in a pub in Glasgow. Whilst it has hit the headlines here, I doubt if it even made a single episode of the evening news stateside. We have to suck up everything which happens there, but when you are there, the news coverage is so inward looking.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I feel sorry for anybody who dies that way. Unfortunately, it is what happens when people drive too fast, and the sad irony is that making movies glamourising driving too fast probably encourages people to do it. Fortunately, nobody else (other than the 2 friends in the car) was involved.
I noted the irony too.

My only feeling was that they were lucky they didn't take out any innocent bystanders (pedestrians, other drivers etc). If the above post is correct and the limit is 15mph, they were FAR in excess of that speed. Luckily, they only killed themselves. Little sympathy except possible being a passeneger who was trying to get teh driver to slow down, but we'll never know if that's the case.

Top Bottom