Pashley TR1 rear wheel removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Thread resurrection; I've got the same issue on the other side of the axle, and this isn't a hex bolt fitting... How does this one come off?

And yes, I'm changing the inner tube, the bloody thing weighs a ton and I have a bad arm

Attachments

• IMG_20240714_080448_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240714_080448_HDR.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
I have never thought about trike rear wheel fixings until reading this thread.

Sorry @Dec66 as that doesn't help you at all , on swmbo wheel chair it's got a button to push on the axle that releases it from the frame and I just presumed trikes had a similar affair.

Every day is a learning day

classic33

Leg End Member
Thread resurrection; I've got the same issue on the other side of the axle, and this isn't a hex bolt fitting... How does this one come off?

And yes, I'm changing the inner tube, the bloody thing weighs a ton and I have a bad arm
This of any help, from Pashley.

Attachments

• Service Instruction Tri-1 Axle.pdf
    20.2 KB · Views: 14

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I'd similar styled mudguards on another of their trikes, was able to remove the tyre working from the lower side of the wheels.

But that would mean turning the thing upside down, and it weighs about six tons and my right arm is knackered from repeated juji gatame.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
But that would mean turning the thing upside down, and it weighs about six tons and my right arm is knackered from repeated juji gatame.

You don't even need to remove the tyre, just slip it off the rim on the lower side somewhere and run a tyre lever round, then pull t'tube out, no upside-downy necessary

re the juji gatame, you should have submitted earlier and/or learned not to leave you arm sticking out as an invitation!

classic33

Leg End Member
An upturned bucket under the rear end and stand it on that.
Were the instructions of any use?

Top Bottom