Paris-Nice *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oxbob

Whoohoo its getting better each day, van de velde today (33yrs old) hope for us old buggers yet!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
oxbob said:
Whoohoo its getting better each day, van de velde today (33yrs old) hope for us old buggers yet!

Good result for him - didn't he have a bad crash in the TT?

I am sure he has a good reason for withdrawing but I think Wiggins' desire does have to be questioned in general...

oxbob

Flying_Monkey said:
Good result for him - didn't he have a bad crash in the TT?

I am sure he has a good reason for withdrawing but I think Wiggins' desire does have to be questioned in general...
I agree FM i think wiggins should stick to track racing, otherwise he is going to slip back to the drink again i think. shame really

Keith Oates

Janner
Wiggins did well in the Prologue and there was no shame in losing out to Contador on that day, he proved he was the best of the rest which should be satisfying.
The race itself is now getting very exciting and whoever pulls on the yellow in Nice will have had to work hard for the honour. Contador is showing that he's keeping his promise and working for the win and not just working to get fitness. I still think he can make it, but the climbs today (12th march) will certainly be a tough test for all of the contendors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
Jérémy Roy took the stage 5 win, this no doubt suprised a few but the real story is that there was no change at the top of the GC listing. Perhaps today (Stage 6) with the finish on top of La Montagne de Lure will see some changes. Millar is still in 7th spot but the podium looks a long way off at the moment.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I caught the last 30-40km highlights on TV last night, beautiful scenery in the gorges, and what a finish! He had some space to spare at the end, but the camera perspective looking along the finishing straight made it look like the chasers were right on Roy's wheel!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
mr Mag00 said:
i missedlast night for ER.

is it the mountain stage again today?

It is the best mountain stage today! With a proper mountain-top finish on La Montagne de Lure... and the field is pretty much altogether as they come to the bottom of that final climb. It is going to be a cracking finish...

mondobongo

Über Member
Plenty of excitement leading up to the finish and a good win by Contador. I have been impressed with what stages I have seen of how hard Contador is riding not a fan yet but he is winning me over.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That was some seriously good climbing. Put paid to Millar's chances too. He just hasn't got that 'little bit extra' any more... mind you he has never been a climber.

Keith Oates

Janner
It's early in the season but Contador looks in a class of his own at the moment, the way he took off on the final climb of the day was very impressive. It's going to take some hard racing by the others to get the yellow jersey off him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom