Pain in top of left foot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
Hi,

Just after some advice here. I have't cycled for about 6 weeks. I think I overtightened the straps on my my cycling shoes (non cleat) and as I have a small bunion anyway, it crunched up my toes a bit too much maybe I suspect in my left foot. Now it hurts when I press down on any of the top tendons in that foot with my fingers and I'm still limping around 6 weeks later with no real sign of improvement. I went for an x ray and nothing is broken.

I also went for a quick visit to the podiatrist for some advice two weeks ago who suggested Metatarsalgia (but I've seen Morton's neuroma online?) and to buy wider fitter trainers which I did a few weeks ago. It's just not improving and I'm supposed to be going to Lisbon in a month which will involve walking etc. I'm just getting a bit fed up, lazy and fatter!

Has anybody here had anything similar and some quick remedy advice etc?

TIA

Mat

Punkawallah

Über Member
Typically seven weeks to heal a break, 12 weeks for a soft tissue injury?
Much as I realise that ‘patience is a word for people who can’t think fast enough, sometimes you just have to wait.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Volterol may help. I have a high instep and if I'm not careful and over tighten a shoe, it will cause me loads of pain on the top of my feet. Cycling shoes don't usually cause it.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Thanks both. My swimming is awful.

It’s not the performance, it’s the movement that counts. A ‘bad’ swimmer uses more energy to get through the water than a ‘good‘ swimmer, so ideal in your case.
Nobody in the pool cares if you are a crap swimmer, they are too busy doing their own thing to notice. Except me, of course, being a ‘white collar swimmer’ for decades - but as I’m not there, it’s not a problem for you :-)
Good luck!

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Volterol may help. I have a high instep and if I'm not careful and over tighten a shoe, it will cause me loads of pain on the top of my feet. Cycling shoes don't usually cause it.

I think that is the issue. I just overtightened the shoe and the tendons are so sore still

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
I'm a real bad swimmer lol! I keep meaning to take lessons but never get round to it. Maybe in retirement. I find it more tiring swimming one length than cycling for hours.

Top Bottom