One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thursday 19th

Someone’s sent me this, l think l know where it is

With it being a double headlight, l guess it’s a 1500
There was a 1600ES which looked damned good
I still like the estates

IMG_1497.jpeg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I was really taken with this lovely Morris Traveller that overtook me today and I found it parked up when I got to Port Ellen. A Co. Antrim registration too. I wonder how it ended up on Islay.

View attachment 745843

View attachment 745844

A moggie would be quite an appealing car; practical too if you had the traveller or van version. I'd have a 1340cc twin carb or some such, and if possible a (contemporary) overdrive off a Triumph or whatever.

A moggie would be quite an appealing car; practical too if you had the traveller or van version. I'd have a 1340cc twin carb or some such, and if possible a (contemporary) overdrive off a Triumph or whatever.
I’m with you on that, but with a little diesel, 5-speed manual & (possibly, if the rear can be engineered?) disc-brakes all round, just to wind up the purists!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I’m with you on that, but with a little diesel, 5-speed manual & (possibly, if the rear can be engineered?) disc-brakes all round, just to wind up the purists!

I'd want a more or less contemporary engine at least and since a twin carbed bored out A series will happily give you well over 100hp without getting too silly, that'd make a nice nippy car whilst still "in keeping". Ideally I'd want at least front discs, which maybe you could get off a Marina. The moggie had torsion bar springs didn't it, so whatever you fitted would have to be compatible with those

Badger_Boom

Veteran
You'd be surprised at the attitudes of Minor owners. There are a LOT of modified moggies out there. I always fancied dropping a bigger A Series engine in and upgrading the suspension and brakes. A lot of that can be done with contemporary conversion kits that are themselves period correct.

You'd be surprised at the attitudes of Minor owners. There are a LOT of modified moggies out there. I always fancied dropping a bigger A Series engine in and upgrading the suspension and brakes. A lot of that can be done with contemporary conversion kits that are themselves period correct.
I still remember Nick Manns(?) V8 hill-climbing Minor, with 'home-made' turbo addition, that thing was brutal!!
The text states '1/4 mile in 11 seconds on street rubber'

EDIT @ 15:58

]View: https://youtu.be/VUu5eJPEigw?si=VDdpIze9n_4mQRAZ[/B]

Last edited:
Top Bottom