One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
And a bonus Morgan for those that like such things.
IMG_20220716_145249564_HDR.jpg

Car SOS tomorrow
Discovery Channel
Sorry, not certain of the time
They're doing a MGB-GT........ and.............. converting it to electric

I'm curious, as to how much of the converting they show, in comparison to the 'Vintage Voltage' series

Gunk

Guru
View attachment 653380
Saw this Saab 900 convertible tonight and also this trike. Think it has a flat 4 VW engine as far as I can see.

View attachment 653381

Love the Saab, had a 3 door 16V Turbo S back in the day, black with tan leather, brilliant car.

Adam4868

Guru
Had Saab 900s...quite a few of them and I allways liked them.Then i got a Saab 9-5 with the 2.2 engine.My love affair with Saabs ended there.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
View attachment 653380
Saw this Saab 900 convertible tonight and also this trike. Think it has a flat 4 VW engine as far as I can see.

View attachment 653381

I came somewhat close to buying a 900 convertible, a 2l turbo and it was a genuine luxury car and reasonably quick. I passed because it had a bit of a steering wobble but it was likely not that big a deal. In the end I bought a rather more staid 95 saloon, which whilst it's a lovely car to drive, newer, and half the price, it isn't really a classic in quite the same way. The later 93 convertibles, and saloons for that matter aren't particularly nice at all.

Gunk

Guru
I came somewhat close to buying a 900 convertible, a 2l turbo and it was a genuine luxury car and reasonably quick. I passed because it had a bit of a steering wobble but it was likely not that big a deal. In the end I bought a rather more staid 95 saloon, which whilst it's a lovely car to drive, newer, and half the price, it isn't really a classic in quite the same way. The later 93 convertibles, and saloons for that matter aren't particularly nice at all.

Later cars were based on a Vectra with GM derived engines, completely different to the original 99/900 cars which used a Triumph based 2.0 engine and unique running gear. My Father in law had one of the very last 1993 special edition convertibles, he still regrets selling it!

Top Bottom