One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
AKA the Monza. Remember them well.
Yes

Vauxhalls 'badge engineering'
Kadett = Chevette
Cavalier = Ascona (which looked far better!)
Cavalier coupe = Manta

And even recently, with Holdens
VXR8 & Monaro

DRM

Guru
Yes

Vauxhalls 'badge engineering'
Kadett = Chevette
Cavalier = Ascona (which looked far better!)
Cavalier coupe = Manta

And even recently, with Holdens
VXR8 & Monaro
I had an Opel Ascona, 2.0 S it was a fantastic car and was built far better than the Cavalier my brother had, iirc the Ascona was built in Antwerp, the Cavalier in Luton, it was also faster than the 2.0 litre Cortina, I do recall that AGJ Motors in Pontefract where mine came from had an Ascona 400 for sale too.

When I was in my mid-teens, my father had a Cavalier, & a neighbour an Ascona
Opel produced a 2-door saloon, it always looked sportier (to me) than my fathers

His, & the only photo I have of it

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Saw these this morning for sale

The C type replica looked nice and about as close as most of us will ever get to one ^_^

Jenkins

Legendary Member
No pics as it was in traffic, but I was overtaken by a Citroen GSA on the way into Ipswich this afternoon. Not so much a classic, but unusual as I've not seen one in a long time. Also in the same style, there's a (reatively) good condition Lada Riva Estate seen occasionally in Felixstowe, but again only spotted while on the move.

No pics as it was in traffic, but I was overtaken by a Citroen GSA on the way into Ipswich this afternoon. Not so much a classic, but unusual as I've not seen one in a long time. Also in the same style, there's a (reatively) good condition Lada Riva Estate seen occasionally in Felixstowe, but again only spotted while on the move.

I'd happily have a Riva estate

Top Bottom