Oh lordy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Yes, but what happens in a side wind?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I think they'd be good on a critical mass event. They would annoy AND confuse drivers in equal measure, and be more likely to make column inches and other news reports.

Those yards of fabric would be a good space for inspirational and educational messages to any drivers. :okay:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I think they'd be good on a critical mass event. They would annoy AND confuse drivers in equal measure, and be more likely to make column inches and other news reports.

Those yards of fabric would be a good space for inspirational and educational messages to any drivers. :okay:

I'd call it what it is. A Portuguese Man o' war riding a bicycle... Can't fool me.

This is one of those; 'I'm glad I didn't think of that' products.

Ramairfairing.com
View attachment 744956

Without seeing windtunnel test data, I don't see why this wouldn't work! (Unusable in any formal races.)

Saying that, a paragalider "expert" knows more about generating lift and drag than reducing drag, so I'm far from optimistic. But aero is a strange business ...

Alex H

Legendary Member
I'm so disappointed - it's sold out :whistle:

Screenshot from 2024-09-19 10-23-58.png

Alex321

Guru
Without seeing windtunnel test data, I don't see why this wouldn't work! (Unusable in any formal races.)

Saying that, a paragalider "expert" knows more about generating lift and drag than reducing drag, so I'm far from optimistic. But aero is a strange business ...

Well it initially fills by scooping air as you move, and the air scoops stay open. Surely the braking effect from that must outweigh any aerodynmic dvaantage?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Well it initially fills by scooping air as you move, and the air scoops stay open. Surely the braking effect from that must outweigh any aerodynmic dvaantage?

Evidently not. Have you seen the video?

The guy in the light top is much faster than the guy in the dark top. Dark Top can't keep up and is sad :sad: Light Top gives him a man o' war backpack thing and Dark Top is faster. Now they can ride together. Both become happy :smile:

Is that not evidence enough for you?

Top Bottom