Norwich to Portsmouth harbour for me and my bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Update. Might be useful for someone.

Booked for the 19th.

Greater Anglia ticket site specifies folding bikes only on Norwich to Fratton train. I presumed because of the tube link from Liverpool st to Waterloo. I resorted to the telephone and spoke to a very helpful man (in India I think) who got me a booking for my bike on the first leg and said I should speak to staff at Waterloo when I got there. .So far so good. Cost £33 single but reduced by old peoples railcard to £21. St Malo ferry booked too.

There are no problems with taking bikes on the Waterloo to Portsmouth line, apart from the usual evening restrictions. No need for a reservation.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
There are no problems with taking bikes on the Waterloo to Portsmouth line, apart from the usual evening restrictions. No need for a reservation.
I had an evening ferry out to the channel islands a few weeks back, but the trains said no bike reservations were available.
Not sure if others had beaten me to a limited number of bike bookings, or if bikes were banned eg because it was rush hour.

I had to book an earlier train and waste about 4 hours in Portsmouth. Wasn't so bad.
(NB that was a service starting from Guildford rather than London)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
T
I had an evening ferry out to the channel islands a few weeks back, but the trains said no bike reservations were available.
Not sure if others had beaten me to a limited number of bike bookings, or if bikes were banned eg because it was rush hour.

I had to book an earlier train and waste about 4 hours in Portsmouth. Wasn't so bad.
(NB that was a service starting from Guildford rather than London)

There are no bike reservations on that line

OP
OP
J

Javelin301

If anyone needs a kitchen sink, they'll know who to ask.

France kit.jpg

Top Bottom