Northern Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
Possibly worth persevering judging by how the numbers have just massively jumped.
I think 900 was the max earlier in the year.
1000016564.png

Sadly, a thin layer of cloud here. It's transparent, but reflecting london light back down so spoiling any chance of a show probably. Will keep an eye out for a short while, but reckon its nearly time to give up down here.

Last edited:
I'm about to go and have another gander at the window before hitting the sack - to see if it's worth going back outside with camera and tripod.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I’m dubious about how much people are seeing with their actual eyes! Our phones here make it look good. Our eyes have seen NOTHING!

You can't really see it with your eyes - we caught a 'flare' that we could just see, but wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't pointing the camera at it. I got some fairly decent hues early on, but went to bed at 12 and missed the peak. But, at least I got to photograph it this time.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
On late shift so missed them again .
Unless you can see them with the naked eye i dont count them as most of the pictures i have seen locally said you cant see them without the use of a camera.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
missed them... but did see them back in May so not feeling too disappointed.

It would have been a wonderful end to last night's first night of Lancaster Music Festival, had i only looked upwards. I did get to see a gig in a prison though, so that was a first :smile:

postman

Squire
Our eyes have seen NOTHING!
that's it my opening line to my sermon on Sunday.I can see it now,my best suit on my favourite blue tie,a white hankie in my hand,a slight sweat on my brow, a little theatrical dabbing.the mich in my hand.Then i open my mouth speaking loudly , CHILDREN OF GOD OUR EYES HAVE SEEN NOTHING,i bring the house down.Cathryn i need more.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Didn't need a camera here in Suffolk - the whole northern sky was aglow, mainly pale green with intermittent red curtains. At least it meant that at 3am I could watch it all from within the warmth of the house.

Aurorawatch had it as likely to be visible by eye and camera from anywhere in the UK

aurora red alerts.jpg

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
Agreed, very much visible with the naked eye (once into a darker part of Surrey). I didn't expect that at all.

From first glance a 'wow' moment, as patches of colour pulsed in and out across about 90 degrees of the compass.

Makes up for the disappointment of seeing nothing earlier in the year.

Awesome.

Psamathe

Close to Norfolk/Suffolk border, early evening a bit cloudy but even through cloud one could see some green oscillating patterns.

But around midnight and cloud had cleared and ... wow
I’m dubious about how much people are seeing with their actual eyes! Our phones here make it look good. Our eyes have seen NOTHING!
More than "visible", I'd call it overwhelming. Massive, bright, Will try and upload some photos later (still on SD card at the moment)

Ian

Top Bottom