Well, for anyone interested my update is as follows:
Don't ever go in person to J E James in Rotherham. They give bike shops a bad name
They are really helpful
They have loads and loads of stock, its a positive cornucopia of cool stuff
They build up your wheels while you wait
They're cyclists
They give discount
They give discount then go and look on the website to see if there are any web only offers they can give you as well!
Did I say they're really helpful?
and you end up spending way more than you plan!
I am now the poor but proud owner of a set of Mavic Cosmic SRs
Just need to get them down from parents house in Yorkshire (they wouldn't fit in my car)

How you getting on with them Lee? Finding them better than your stock wheels?Well, for anyone interested my update is as follows:
Don't ever go in person to J E James in Rotherham. They give bike shops a bad name
They are really helpful
They have loads and loads of stock, its a positive cornucopia of cool stuff
They build up your wheels while you wait
They're cyclists
They give discount
They give discount then go and look on the website to see if there are any web only offers they can give you as well!
Did I say they're really helpful?
and you end up spending way more than you plan!
I am now the poor but proud owner of a set of Mavic Cosmic SRs
Just need to get them down from parents house in Yorkshire (they wouldn't fit in my car)
Awesome, they sound (no pun intended) great! So sounds like they were worth the upgrade then?They're brilliant.
Light and stiff, they make hills much more fun, and they mix wonderfully with the Domane frame behaviour which has some flex in the vertical plane..
According to the other riders on the club run this weekend they also sound great as you swoosh past them - sound good from where I sit too, but wasn't sure if it could be heard by others but apparently its quite loud
I've had problems with the gear indexing as the cassette is slightly shifted compared with my other wheels, but that's down to my incompetence rather than the wheels.
They aren't cheap but I love them