My unknown classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lowish end 1970's / early 80s often lacked the built-in hanger. The flat chainstay bridge and flat cut lugs indicate not a special bike. Still a good ride.

Am all for mixing and matching and bodging (have built up a few bikes myself from bits) but assuming you started with a frame can't help wondering why you went for an external BB unless it was just so's you could go for those bling bearings.
Did you face the frame?
The ultegra crank set sir made me that bb set-up. It just fitted in no need to make alteration on the frame. It maintains and ride easy. Thank you.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Now we can the bike's profile it would confirm that it was made as a city roadster with its relaxed geometry and longish wheelbase.
The only hope of identification is if anyone recognises those letters and numbers.

Now we can the bike's profile it would confirm that it was made as a city roadster with its relaxed geometry and longish wheelbase.
The only hope of identification is if anyone recognises those letters and numbers.
Thank you sir and the rest for all your time on these thread.. i just wish that you'll have the same regard for my carlton which am building right now. I wish you all the best and happy safe riding. Thanks again.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Frame looks to be fairly low end plain gauge hi-tensile steel to me. I don't think the forks belong to that frame either, looks mix'n'match using whatever was available. Utilitarian lugwork and pressed steel chainstay bridge says mass produced budget market.. Probably foreign, but i'm not convinced it's a Puch frame though. Could well have come from one of the big far-eastern factories churning out low-cost steel bikes to sell into the western markets. Possibly from Taiwan or Vietnam which produced massive quantities of budget lugged steel frames. Useful bikes but not desirable or in any way valuable.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I remember Unidisc rear wheel covers in the mid-90s. They were fiddly to fit but they added a noticeable speed boost - maybe 1mph. They were banned for time trials, though, as a "fairing". CTT may have changed the rules since

Since nobody seems to recognize the prefix letters TSH on its serial numbers. I tend to believe its one of the churned out frames from these asian countries, lucky though it doesn't bother me riding whatever frames there is but knowing it is a premium. Anyhow, thanks to all for all your time perusing these thread. In this country, only the rich has access to colnagos bianchis and the likes. whatever the junk shops churn up, it is most likely originally owned by american servicemen who fought in world war 2. The coming of carbon frames pave the way for japan surplus bikes entering our ports with as little as us$20 to as much as us$120 for an all steel bike in running condition. A little effort will prize you with a vintage peugeot, a raleigh or even a bianchi road bike, also a trek, cannondale, corratec, giant, even santa cruz mtb that costs for us$120. we just enjoy riding it as biggs682 correctly said.

Attachments

• IMG_20211009_063853.jpg
    IMG_20211009_063853.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 7
hi again sirs/maams, good morning, i am sharing with you my blue peugeot hoping you will generously share some thoughts about it before i make some fixes or restoration. its components are huret allvit derailleurs,
IMG_20211209_084547.jpg

su
IMG_20211208_221959.jpg

nt
IMG_20211208_221959.jpg

ou
IMG_20211208_221959.jpg

r
IMG_20211206_081801.jpg

ba
IMG_20211209_085524.jpg

r end shifters, campagnolo front hub w skewer, nisin rear hub, weinmann cantiever brakes, and mavic m40 rims. i have seen thru pics that it resembles px10 or u-08 . the number impressed on a small alloy sheet at the bottom bracket is 2218984. thanks again. keep safe.

Attachments

• IMG_20211206_131832.jpg
    IMG_20211206_131832.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20211205_215335.jpg
    IMG_20211205_215335.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom