My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Didn't recognise you Pete:-)

That's because I'm wearing one on my face as a disguise 😉

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_4843.JPG

A Rusticle in the Oxendon tunnel..

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Nice pics!
Ta!
So are we all agreed that "Solstice" was last night? Was this morning's dawn "Solstice sunrise"??
I take the solstice to be the moment when the poles reach maximum tilt towards & away from the sun.
Which Google tells me was 9:50pm yesterday , 20th June 2024.
It varies between 20-22nd June due to leap years - ie the calendar year isn't quite in sync with Earth orbiting the Sun.
Yesterday was the longest day this year, so the druids and other folk have missed. A bit like Christians getting the date wrong for Easter every year; must be a logistical challenge for Cadbury.

Interestingly, the earliest sunrise this year was several days ago, and the latest sunset isn't until early next week.

(I'm night-riding this weekend to make use of the (almost) shortest nights - Cumbria/Yorkie border, so shouldn't be dark for very long :smile:))) )
I'm jealous, that'll be beautiful. Hope the weather is good to you.
I'll be getting wet on the Friday Night Ride to Brighton this evening.... Hoping for some brightness at the top of Ditchling B.

Alex H

Legendary Member
On holiday en route to Orkney

Dunrobin Castle, Sutherland

DSCN1417.JPG

Chislenko

Veteran
Regrettably when a bloke was taking his white haired retriever out for a canoe ride I didn't have my phone with me.

So not quite as good but in the basement of a housing scheme someone appears to be assembling a collection.

IMG_20240623_200606721.jpg

Top Bottom