Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
To save me the effort, who is he?
He's Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood, I am told that he can sing. Its a copied CD not the original so I am wondering if our Debbie gave it to us for the car. Most of the copied CDs have arrived via her. Anyway, its in the bin now.

Now sorting the rest of my DVDs, I have found Camberwick Green, Tumpton and Chigley ^_^

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
What type ? I have just burned 1167 calories so i have room to assist in its disposal.

Ginger cake with lemon icing... :thumbsup:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
He's Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood, I am told that he can sing. Its a copied CD not the original so I am wondering if our Debbie gave it to us for the car. Most of the copied CDs have arrived via her. Anyway, its in the bin now.

Now sorting the rest of my DVDs, I have found Camberwick Green, Tumpton and Chigley ^_^

Your Debbie has a lot to answer for :laugh:

Hill Wimp

I have tried. I invite her over & play all sorts of stuff. She had never heard of Pink Floyd, thought PF was an American girl singer:ohmy: I got her as far as Chris Rea and gave up.

When i was little my mum did a lot of travelling for work and my dad worked shifts so my nan did a lot of looking after me, it was great but sometimes my mums younger brother had to babysit. He is 10 years younger than my mum. He lived in a big Victorian house with 3 mates and they knocked through their lounge and dining room making one huge room. At one end, where i was forbidden to go, was the stereo. At the other end was the TV. On the walls either side were floor to ceiling shelves full of LPs. They even had one of those ladders that's connected to the shelves that you can wizz along on. Anyway i was allowed to pick what records to play which i did from picking usually the brightest or most garish album cover.

Thats how i discovered my love of Yes, The Rolling Stones and Steeley Dan and the likes. When i was 3 my uncle had to babysit me overnight. I got taken to a Steley Dan concert in London where i was apparently looked after by a number of people. The next time they appeared in the UK i was 32.

Keep playing her your stuff it will eventually sink in and she will be reborn. :angel:

gbb

Squire
Got up at 8, large hotel breakfast at 9, started out for a walk into town at 9.45, regretted not bringing a cap, it's already about 32c, set back for the hotel, got halfway back and decided its all just a bit much today, feel a tad overwhelmed. Went back to bed, got up at 12.30 and have no intention of doing anything much, barring an hour in the pool or sea later.
Feel a tad peckish, despite toast, a small portion of tomatoes, cucumber, meat and cheese, two crepes then a fried egg with chopped ham and tomatoes on top, washed down with innumerable glasses of juice for breakfast.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Keep playing her your stuff it will eventually sink in and she will be reborn. :angel:

I think as long as you keep them surrounded by music - and it really doesn't matter what music - they will turn into music-people...which is step one to becoming their own unique music person.

Hill Wimp

Got up at 8, large hotel breakfast at 9, started out for a walk into town at 9.45, regretted not bringing a cap, it's already about 32c, set back for the hotel, got halfway back and decided its all just a bit much today, feel a tad overwhelmed. Went back to bed, got up at 12.30 and have no intention of doing anything much, barring an hour in the pool or sea later.
Feel a tad peckish, despite toast, a small portion of tomatoes, cucumber, meat and cheese, two crepes then a fried egg with chopped ham and tomatoes on top, washed down with innumerable glasses of juice for breakfast.

Saw the 32 degrees and thought where the f**k are you in this fine land of yours and then worked out you must be on holiday. Best i give up and go back to bed.

Reactions: gbb

Saluki

When i was little my mum did a lot of travelling for work and my dad worked shifts so my nan did a lot of looking after me, it was great but sometimes my mums younger brother had to babysit. He is 10 years younger than my mum. He lived in a big Victorian house with 3 mates and they knocked through their lounge and dining room making one huge room. At one end, where i was forbidden to go, was the stereo. At the other end was the TV. On the walls either side were floor to ceiling shelves full of LPs. They even had one of those ladders that's connected to the shelves that you can wizz along on. Anyway i was allowed to pick what records to play which i did from picking usually the brightest or most garish album cover.

Thats how i discovered my love of Yes, The Rolling Stones and Steeley Dan and the likes. When i was 3 my uncle had to babysit me overnight. I got taken to a Steley Dan concert in London where i was apparently looked after by a number of people. The next time they appeared in the UK i was 32.

I had walls covered in LPs too. I inherited a lot of records (every top 10 single & LP since 1962) from my Aunt who had downsized and run out of space. I kept up on the whole top 10 LPs and 45s for years until I got burgled. They left a very decent hi-fi, they left the TV & video machine. They took every single record though, all my cassettes bar 7 and a lot of CDs. I was gutted. I was insured but the insurance company said that they wouldn't pay out to replace that lot as I couldn't provide receipts for them all - I would have needed another room for the receipts I reckon. The burglers also left a poo on my bed. They also killed my Jack Russell. Vet said poison. She was a bit iffy was Castor.
I have around 1000 cds now. Maybe 100 or so LPs and a couple of hundred 45 plus 7 cassettes.

I have often wondered which one of my friends burgled me as I didn't make it know that I had a huge record collection.

Hill Wimp

I had walls covered in LPs too. I inherited a lot of records (every top 10 single & LP since 1962) from my Aunt who had downsized and run out of space. I kept up on the whole top 10 LPs and 45s for years until I got burgled. They left a very decent hi-fi, they left the TV & video machine. They took every single record though, all my cassettes bar 7 and a lot of CDs. I was gutted. I was insured but the insurance company said that they wouldn't pay out to replace that lot as I couldn't provide receipts for them all - I would have needed another room for the receipts I reckon. The burglers also left a poo on my bed. They also killed my Jack Russell. Vet said poison. She was a bit iffy was Castor.
I have around 1000 cds now. Maybe 100 or so LPs and a couple of hundred 45 plus 7 cassettes.

I have often wondered which one of my friends burgled me as I didn't make it know that I had a huge record collection.

Heavens how awful. I just thank God for being able to download my music now as i haven't the room for all my music in CD or LP format.

Saluki

Heavens how awful. I just thank God for being able to download my music now as i haven't the room for all my music in CD or LP format.
I don't like downloading music or films. I like to have the actual CD in my hand. I have downloaded and back up my downloads to CD but I have discovered that I have had to un-authorise one PC to play the CD on my laptop. I like a proper CD that I can play on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom