Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Where do I start , I can now clip in and out due to slight alteration on the pedals that I didn't know could be done. My saddle height went from 612 to 655 and was moved back. I have got high arches and now have some insoles to stop my numb toes and my handle bars have been rotated slightly towards me.

On paper it doesn't sound much but I have picked up lots of tips, I don't have numb toes now, I have just climbed the 4 hills near me 2 of which have always defeated me and my back no longer hurts.

It was £120 quid ( a birthday present) and I know that's steep but its been well worth it.

Slap - I know not mundane enough I will be in the sin bin if anyone calls.

ThinAir

Do more.
I've just been to the gym.

Left my watch at home. Could do with it for work but don't have to go and get it. Bugger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Where do I start , I can now clip in and out due to slight alteration on the pedals that I didn't know could be done. My saddle height went from 612 to 655 and was moved back. I have got high arches and now have some insoles to stop my numb toes and my handle bars have been rotated slightly towards me.

On paper it doesn't sound much but I have picked up lots of tips, I don't have numb toes now, I have just climbed the 4 hills near me 2 of which have always defeated me and my back no longer hurts.

It was £120 quid ( a birthday present) and I know that's steep but its been well worth it.

Pricey but it sounds like money well spent. That's a fairly big saddle height change though. (I had a bike fit at Hewitts and it felt like a gradual process of getting the jig to feel like my old bike with only one significant change - saddle height. Unusually, my saddle got lowered a wee bit because my legs apparently aren't the same length, so saddle height was set to the shorter leg. As cycling then began to feel like I was climbing up stairs, I've gradually lifted it up since then without any problem.)

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Pricey but it sounds like money well spent. That's a fairly big saddle height change though. (I had a bike fit at Hewitts and it felt like a gradual process of getting the jig to feel like my old bike with only one significant change - saddle height. Unusually, my saddle got lowered a wee bit because my legs apparently aren't the same length, so saddle height was set to the shorter leg. As cycling then began to feel like I was climbing up stairs, I've gradually lifted it up since then without any problem.)

I must have looked dreadful on my bike before the fit, knees up round my ears I think.

Its now warm enough again for shorts :-)

D

Deleted member 1258

Today was supposed to be shopping and housework day, the shopping got done this morning, the housework...... we went to Warwick, parked up by St Nicholas park had dinner and a walk in the park, then spent the afternoon exploring Warwick the shops and market, the housework...... we'll get round to it at some point.

Saluki

World class procrastinator

Interesting post!! In the mundane thread :ohmy: No Scampi Fries for you for the rest of the weekend :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom