Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have found another dirty window on a train.

Clean it, don't just sit there complaining about it.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Previously banned from lunch boxes (along with the usual un-healthy things)

Nuts, Eggs, Kiwi Fruit

Added to this list is now Pears

It is a bit of a bugger cos I sent Squidge in with Homemade Pear Yoghurt all last week :blush: and no horror befell the child allergic to pears

classic33

Leg End Member
Mundane news, well, not so mundane news really:

I was in the house myself, about to go to bed, but first filling up buckets of water to change in the fish tank in the morning when I suddenly heard this almighty 'THUMP!' Noise, seemingly from up the stairs. It really sounded like some sort of small explosion.

Now, I have a bit of a fertile imagination when I'm left alone like that at night, so, I was thinking 'oh my! (more like 'Oh crap') What could that be? Has something very large just fallen over (coupled with the question of 'why? Things don't fall over themselves' It sounded like a loaded book shelf or similar!)?? Has something just happened to the house or nearby? Is there someone up there waiting for me? Have I watched too many murder dramas and Crimewatch over the years? How would they have got up there without me noticing? That said I have heard a few strange sounds throughout the evening, so..... Err..... Oh pull yourself together Douglas!'
Watching Taggart et al as a kid seems to have had a lasting impression on me! :laugh::blush:

I went up the stairs and found nothing. So what could it be? Something under the eaves that has gone bang?
I get on the phone to my folks to enquire about anything water wise (I was filling buckets at the time remember) that could do that, but there was nothing they could think of and there was no evidence of water anywhere anyway, so I was told to look outside (which I was about to do anyway).

I go outside and almost immediately I see something that doesn't seem to make sense.
'What am I looking at? I shouldn't be able to see that! Where has the wall gone?'

Almost all of the garden wall has collapsed, toppled to be more exact, still intact into the lane. This wall (or ex wall more like) isn't anything small, our garden is long and narrow, and it circles us on 3 sides. The wall is, however very old and has been falling to bits for years. It has finally given up the ghost on probably the longest side, over 100 feet long!! (I measured it. Ask @Pat "5mph", she has seen the garden!).

No wonder there was a loud noise (which must have gone right through the house, hence why I thought it had come from elsewhere), I don't know how heavy it was, but it must have been quite a substantial amount all falling over at once! I'm just glad nobody was injured (as far as I'm aware).

Now comes the 'what next?' bit. Something would have been had to have been done about it sooner or later anyway.
I hope you picked it up & placed it somewhere safe. Where no-one can fall over it & where none of the light fingered larry brigade can get their hands on it!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Previously banned from lunch boxes (along with the usual un-healthy things)

Nuts, Eggs, Kiwi Fruit

Added to this list is now Pears

It is a bit of a bugger cos I sent Squidge in with Homemade Pear Yoghurt all last week :blush: and no horror befell the child allergic to pears

So if one kid is allergic to something, no one gets to have that in their lunch?

Surely eventually that will rule out anything but water?
:rolleyes:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Putting away the food shopping.

Need any help :mrpig:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Another Tea break the stupid Harvester has broke again. I might be in next Tuesday . oh and the radio is stuck on Radio 1:cursing:

Throw the radio out the window and sing to the cows, milk yield will go up and the cows will love you even more.

Can't help on the harvester but pretty certain @Arch and @Night Train would love to get their hands on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom