Mudguards for a Triban 3

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
I have a Triban 5 size 57 and I have sks raceblades long on mine. Easy to fit and they work perfectly. Can't see any reason why these wouldn't fit yours. Get the ones which fit through the scewers rather than clamping to the frame/fork. They look much nicer, easier to fit and I can imagine are studier. Image/link as above post.

dimples

Über Member
Afternoon guys. I have a 54cm frame T3.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
With the Winter rapidly closing in and the weather getting worse :rain: I've decided that I need some mudguards for my bike (Triban 3). As you know, the T3 has ridiculously tight clearances so I'm not sure what mudguards would fit.

I've had bad luck with Crud Roadracer Mk2 mudguards as they were awful to fit and they were always either rattling or rubbing so I chucked 'em away.

I need something that:

• Is reasonably priced
  • Is solid (won't rattle or rub)
  • Can provide full coverage to stop my bike + me getting soaked
  • Isn't too heavy
So does anyone know any mudguards that fit that criteria?

Did you ACTUALLY chuck them away? Doh! I need spares for mine as I appear to be clumsy and kick them alot.

vickster

Legendary Member
Someone said before they had no joy recently if that was a while ago. Only cost £4.50

Tyke

I have Crud Roadracer Mk2 on a Carrera Vanquish on 23c for about 18 months now with no problems after the first few days of playing with the setup. Highly recommended.

When I got them set I put a small dab of glue on the nuts and so far they have not moved.

Steve Donovan

I've just fitted Crud Roadracers on my own Triban 3.
Fitted fine, although I couldn't get the front nose on front mudguard without it rubbing. I left it off in the end - makes no difference to the performance of the mudguards. They work great.

dimples

Über Member
I've just fitted Crud Roadracers on my own Triban 3.
Fitted fine, although I couldn't get the front nose on front mudguard without it rubbing. I left it off in the end - makes no difference to the performance of the mudguards. They work great.

Which mudguards did you get and what size frame is your T3?
I'm still abit confused on which mudguards to get for my 54cm frame. I don't want to spend £40 on a pair of mudguards only for them not to fit.:sad:

Kies

Same here. Crud mk2
They work OK. The back covers the rear wheel very well with no rubbing as it anchors in a few points, but the front isn't that clever

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Currently I've got a Poundland mudguard. It's obviously not the best thing in the world but it's solid and it keeps water from spraying up onto me. I do plan to get a set of full guards for the Winter though as I'm not too keen on the grime getting all over the frame.

Top Bottom