Moped gang try to steal an e-bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
This happened in West Bromwich. There's a video on Facebook of them stealing the moped as well.

View: https://www.facebook.com/100001796762984/videos/1199884977803550/

Drago

Legendary Member
Some self defense anti attack sprays are legal in the UK

It depends what the court decides is "noxious".

It's difficult to argue that dye or paint in the eyes or Inhaled into the lungs isnt noxious, and as yet there is no clear case law that marks them aside from other s.5 firearms such as pepper sprays.

There was one many years ago that squirted out a single dose of thick foam at such velocity that it was like being punched and I think that side stepped the regs, but it seemed to disappear from the market as quickly as it came.

The only "self defence" device that is beyond dispite legal to carry in the UK is a rape alarm.

Last edited:

Nibor

Bewildered
For every day evening carry (not on the Bike) I carry a very bright led torch if they can't see you etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It is unbelievable this sort of thing happens on British streets.

Actually, I don't think it is.

blackrat

Actually, I don't think it is.

I no longer live in Britain, so it is to me. Growing up in Norwich, this kind of behaviour would have been met with outrage from residents and swift action from the police. Many of the comments above seem to be saying that the poor chap used a substance to defend himself which could be considered harmful to the criminals, what utter nonsense, is this what Britain is like these days? What is even more appalling is the apparent acceptance that this is all part and parcel of life today.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

I'm taking the pxxx out of the state of this country in case anyone hadn't clocked on. ...

I think the country's always been in a similar state...
%E2%80%9CStand_and_deliver%21%E2%80%9D%E2%80%94a_Highwayman_of_Olden_Times.svg

Brandane

Legendary Member
is this what Britain is like these days?

Pretty much so; yes. To go into the reasons for it would quickly lead to thread closure and being advised to move the discussion to a dark place called NACA.. Suffice to say, if I had been the owner of a crystal ball 50 years ago, I would not be living in this country. Most definitely NOT!

blackrat

It would be the camera that saved the guy. They certainly could not risk it being a live stream

Agreed, 40,000 views it said. And I am quite sure the fact that the would-be victim was an immigrant had nothing to do with the swift action by the police and they would have acted just as promptly had he been an indigenous Briton.

Top Bottom