Moped gang try to steal an e-bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The police will probably do him for the pepper spray. Utter scum, though.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think it's a self defence dye spray, but can't be 100% on that.

Even if it is, it's a "noxious substance" so arguably counts as a s.5 firearm in handheld canister form, so a potential spell in chokey for that.

The bike itself is the best weapon if you know how to use it as such, one of the many bike specific UDT skills I used to teach.

Slick

Guru
Well done that man, first class sir. 👏

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think it's a self defence dye spray, but can't be 100% on that.

Even if it is, it's a "noxious substance" so arguably counts as a s.5 firearm in handheld canister form, so a potential spell in chokey for that.

The bike itself is the best weapon if you know how to use it as such, one of the many bike specific UDT skills I used to teach.

I do have some of that dye spray - doesn't come off apparently. Would 'dog spray' be OK in these circumstances - something the local warden recommended to get rid of a few cyclist leg biters we have locally ?

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Kudos to him. Being knocked off your bike, probably winded, and yet still faces the scrotes down. It's a sad indictment when six people on three mopeds can go round, obviously looking for victims, in broad daylight. Cool helmet cam though!

mustang1

Legendary Member
You are all being inhospitable. Those poor gang members need money and I think you are all being so unfair against them. Why did the bike rider use spray paint, completely pointless and can land him in jail. He bloody well deserves to go to jail.

Or, maybe those gang members should be sent to jail. But it has to be done in the correct way, with evidence, a police report, some investigation.

I'm taking the pxxx out of the state of this country in case anyone hadn't clocked on. What a pile of crap that the e-bike guy has to put up with that. In the past, I would defo have stopped to help, but who knows what dumb ass law is lurking behind the corner to pin me down. Forget it.

Btw I reckon many cops are frustrated to have their hands tied up too.

Drago

Legendary Member
I do have some of that dye spray - doesn't come off apparently. Would 'dog spray' be OK in these circumstances - something the local warden recommended to get rid of a few cyclist leg biters we have locally ?

If it's in any way "noxious", and precious little has escaped that distinction under case law, and comes from an aerosol it's automatically a s.5 firearm.

Oddly, the same substance squirted from a washing up liquid bottle would not be a forearm, although could still be considered an offensive weapon.

The best items are ones that are legitimate to carry for which there is a reasonable reason to have on your person. Any innocent item becomes questionable under law the moment it's carried with intent to use it for self defence, so something that is perfectly normal to carry is the best bet. The law allows for an "instant arming" where a victim instinctively reaches out and makes an insttant weapon of something that falls to hand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom