Maybe its just me.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
I've just upped my game as these little beauties have just arrived in the post this morning. I can hardly contain my joy and excitement.....

But they are only alloy so they cannot be used for any load bearing applications, but ok to use on the four unused rack mounts.:dance:

20181024_095015_resized.jpg

Oh dear, I knew I should not have looked at this thread, they are gorgeous!
Where did you get them?

(No, no, no, the red ones are horrible but you prob have a red bike to go with them!)

bluenotebob

Veteran
What a bewildering thread - does the word "thread" get you excited too, @AlanW ?

Here's a photo of a bat that I took a few weeks ago and posted on a sister forum. One guy in the US completely ignored the bat but got excited by the "torque head screws" (if that's what they are).

Do you all miss playing with childhood Meccano? is that it?

I'm mystified - but each to their own.

Bat 30092018 cropped.jpg

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
What a bewildering thread - does the word "thread" get you excited too, @AlanW ?

Here's a photo of a bat that I took a few weeks ago and posted on a sister forum. One guy in the US completely ignored the bat but got excited by the "torque head screws" (if that's what they are).

View attachment 435209

Then it must me an "AlanW" thing - as that's my name too :laugh:

CharlesF

Guru
That's a fantastically clean bike!

subaqua

What’s the point

View attachment 435209
Torx ...

I still use meccano to prototype things ..

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Oh dear, I knew I should not have looked at this thread, they are gorgeous!
Where did you get them?!)

Ebay is your friend, search for Fix Cycles but no doubt you'll be able to find other outlets that sell them?

(No, no, no, the red ones are horrible but you prob have a red bike to go with them!)

Its a titanium frame, so self colour. The thought was that they would work with the red Hope bottom bracket, the red Hope seat clamp, the red Hope handle bar plugs and the red Hope headset cap....can you see a them occurring here?

They will serve no purpose other than to screw into the redundant threaded rack mounting holes. Although as subtle as they maybe, I fitted them last night and Im not sure?

Last edited:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
The thought was that they would work with the red Hope bottom bracket, the red Hope seat clamp, the red Hope handle bar plugs and the red Hope headset cap....can you see a them occurring here?

They will serve no purpose other than to screw into the redundant threaded rack mounting holes. Although as subtle as they maybe, I fitted them last night and Im not sure?

Yes Yes Yes - It must be done

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom