Looking for some Claris 3x8 brifters (or equivalent?) for a flat bar conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickAKA

Über Member
As the title, after some brifters to convert a flat bar hybrid to drops, but I'm open to suggestions on the exact config... if you've bought the gear to convert something similar but never got around to doing it and fancy offloading it, come at me, bro :okay:

Not bought anything yet so looking at gravel bars ideally, but butterfly bars or bullhorns considered too, as would be bar end shifters... Basically I'm not too fussy but don't want to throw a fortune at it as the bike is my spare runaround for pootling around the park with the kids mainly.

Cheers!

Have a set of 3x8 Sora brifters, these have the thumb button for rh upshifts and lh downshifts.
Currently on a Scott Anatomic drop bar.

OP
OP
nickAKA

nickAKA

Über Member
Have a set of 3x8 Sora brifters, these have the thumb button for rh upshifts and lh downshifts.
Currently on a Scott Anatomic drop bar.

Couldn't find sora in 3x8 but maybe it's their age, you can still get claris new so started there. NFS I would imagine if they're on a bike?

Older, yes. They're 3303 shifters, quite possibly what Claris was 'promoted' into when Sora went 9-speed. The whole bars/brifters assembly was removed when I converted my Scott in the other direction.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickAKA

nickAKA

Über Member
Nice one, I'm away from Next Wednesday so if we can sort it out before I go all good.

Top Bottom