Looking for 700C front wheel (NOT disc type). Current wheels are Mavic Aksium.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As title please. Needing to replace the front wheel due to accident. Am going to 'pinch' the front wheel from my summer bike to put me on, but will need a replacement.
Thanks

alicat

Legendary Member
Sorry, I can't help re a new wheel but thank you for helping me map that the phrase 'put me on' is in common usage as far south as Rotherham.

OP
OP
night cycler
I feel that sourcing a replacement wheel below normal retail is not going to be easy if I want new. Although pre owned wheels are cheaper, there is no guarantee that they will fit the cycle

Kev has been very helpful. I have been snookered by the fact that the length of wheel hubs are not all standardised. I do wonder how many varients there are in respect hubs/types etc.

Ajax Bay

Guru
snookered by the fact that the length of wheel hubs are not all standardised. I do wonder how many varients there are in respect hubs/types etc.
Well if the hub is 'normal' ie for rim brakes then surely it's 100mm OLD and presumably secured by a QR. Who says they are not 'standardised'? You've said 'not disc'. Maybe specify axle type - amend OP, to help donors. My wheels are too old / have too many spokes for anyone sporting 'Axioms'.

Last edited:
OP
OP
night cycler
Merlin have competitive prices on wheels, you can just buy a front (although they seem to be lacking stock).
Pair of Aksiums for £170
https://www.merlincycles.com/mavic-aksium-one-clincher-road-wheelset-75460.html
Decathlon will sell you a front Aksium for matching at £99
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/700-mavic-aksium-road-front-wheel/

Yes I saw that. I think the stores that only sell in pairs would do more buisness if they sold only what the customer needed.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes I saw that. I think the stores that only sell in pairs would do more buisness if they sold only what the customer needed.

I assume they come in pairs from their suppliers. Most people probably want a matching pair if unable to rebuild (I would)
You could always get a single wheel built by your LBS or a company like Spa in Harrogate if not fussed

walkman-man

I have a nice Fulcrum wheel if you're still looking?

Top Bottom