Lithium. Again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
Perhaps E-bike batteries keep catching fire because people stick their heads in the sand and pretend they don't. :laugh:

1722078355230.jpeg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Not that I had a problem with it personally, but I suspect you last thread was canned due to draggy-dead-guy content rather than a desire to hush up this very legit problem...

It’s not confined to e-bike batteries.

The NHS organisation I work for has spent a small fortune in purchasing appropriate fire proof systems in which to charge lithium batteries in clinical areas and we now have to have sand filled fire proof boxes in all service areas.

These are quality batteries that have passed all approvals to be used in a medical device and they still pose danger.

Last edited:
OP
OP
presta

presta

Guru
Not that I had a problem with it personally, but I suspect you last thread was canned due to draggy-dead-guy content rather than a desire to hush up this very legit problem...
Indeed, but I think that made people noticeably less dismissive of the risks on that thread, which is why I posted it.

1722094825154.png

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
Exactly.
Indeed, but I think that made people noticeably less dismissive of the risks on that thread, which is why I posted it.

View attachment 738943
Still, you should have known better.
Please post content you would be happy for a 12 year old to access.
This is what @Shaun, Cycle Chat's owner, wishes.
Cheers.

DRM

Guru
As I wrote on the previous thread, Li-ion powered fork lifts will NOT be modified by Pyroban to make them safe for use in EX Zoned areas, under ATEX Regulations, such as Petrochemical Plants, Gas Plants, or in dusty atmospheres, these are batteries built to the highest safety standards, not something from Ebay, so why in the name of everything that's holy would you want to bring a cheap Li-ion battery in to your home, it baffles me, it really does.

C R

Guru
Coincidentally, just after seeing the original post, I went looking for something in a drawer and noticed that an oldish mobile phone being kept there was bulging. It turns out that the battery expanded and pushed out the screen, luckily the pouch wasn't pierced. This was a five or six year old Motorola with its original battery, no cheapo ebay.

I took the battery out and left it in the garden under an overturned bucket until I could take it to the tip in the morning.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just about everywhere is accessible by 12 year olds these days though.

that's not the point and you know it.

Isn't it? Just where is suitable if it's something that needs to be seen, and everywhere is accessible to 12 year olds?

Well I'd already seen the OG video on a another site, I wont name it buts slogan is "The Front Page Of The Internet" and it's accessed daily by 12 year olds. Years gone by I can think of several sites that would have happily hosted that video, along with much worse.

But it's not suitable for here.

Spartak