Lidl tool kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
From my experience of similar stuff (from Wickes, not Lidl) it'll be perfectly OK if you spray it liberally with WD40 and make sure it's coated when you put it away. I find (in my very humid garage, anyway) that cheap tools corrode quickly.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not really copycat branding.

Parkside is Lidl own brand for most of the tools they sell, the bike tools are just a small subset of those. And no, of course nobody is going to be fooled about the quality.
Yes, sorry. I didn't open the link I thought it was for cycle tools :blush:

simongt

Guru
I'd be very concerned about any of those wee multi head attachments falling off into the grassy verge at night - ! :eek:
As has been observed, how many multi heads do you actually need for your bike - ? :whistle:

AndyRM

XOXO
I was in Lidl last night and they had but none of these anywhere, so I couldn't even eyeball them :sad:

I quite often find that the stuff I'm interested in the middle at Lidl or Aldi's special buys rarely make an appearance in store which is quite annoying.

cyclezen

I hope Star bits aren't becoming common in Bike Parts ...
And a decent spoke wrench (double sided for Red & Black) would be nice.
Maybe a chain Whip and needed lock ring tool... could prolly put a BB wrench head on the other (handle) side of the Whip...
also a Presta to Schrader adapter or 2 is always a nice thing to have both at home and on the bike...
This kit is basically a general small bit socket set with some tire levers, which I guess might be great for small studio apartment living.
Ride On
Yuri
EDIT: it says 'In-Store' in UK - July 11 thru 17

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

AndyRM

XOXO
Much of it, you can order and buy online

Aye, but it's usually been shoes or clothing I've been interested in. Prefer to have a feel of the fabric before hand.

Last time I needed proper tools (i.e. more than tyre levels) on a ride it was to stop a mudguard rubbing

I had a multi-tool with me that had exactly the right tool on it

Unfortunately I needed another tool to hold the back bit still to tighten the bloomin' thing

Luckily I had recently put a newish multi-tool into by rack bag - unluckily I had remembered to remove the old very cheap one

so in answer to how many multi doofa tools do you need

sometimes 2

luckily I use an ebike so a few extra grammes (OK quite few) of an extra multitool is not a massive problem - I probably put on and loose that much weight from day to day!

Alex321

Guru
They always say that.

I reckon you'd have to be there for the store opening on day one to see the special buys/middle aisle stuff in there though.

That has never been my experience, with cycling stuff (or with most of their other stuff TBH). But I have tended to use Aldi & Lidl in what are generally relatively prosperous areas, maybe it is different elsewhere.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not really copycat branding.

Parkside is Lidl own brand for most of the tools they sell, the bike tools are just a small subset of those. And no, of course nobody is going to be fooled about the quality.

Parkside is a German firm, part of the Einhell group I believe, and not a Lidl's own brand as such. On mainland Europe, and Germany in particular, Parkside gear is available all over the place and not just in Lidl.

Einhell is a more up market offering, Parkside more a value workaday choice.

In my limited experience some Parkside stuff is very good, some a bit meh, but very little is actually bad.

Top Bottom