Lidl tool kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
all I need is tyre levers, four allen keys, a 10mm spanner and a cross head screw driver... so for me there's around 30 useless items in that kit :sad:

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Parkside toolkit. Clever bit of copycat branding there. Don't suppose any will be fooled into thinking it's similar quality.
At a ton you know it won't be made of cheese, unlike the Lidl stuff, and it'll last a lifetime.

Probably coincidence. Lidl DIY and garden tools are Parkside branded too, i think?

AndyRM

XOXO
Probably coincidence. Lidl DIY and garden tools are Parkside branded too, i think?

Parkside stuff is quality.

Like all Lidl/Aldi alternatives it will come from the same manufacturer.

But because "ZOMG it's cheap" apparently it's rubbish.

It isn't.

Had noticed stuff in one of those pound shops back there was sponsored by Tommy Walsh, he of gardening show fame. So, guess Arnie as sponsor comes as no real surprise, daresay he got paid handsomely.

As an aside, tried some of the Irish Whiskey cake from Aldi - rather yummy. Brought a couple of them back here for Xmas, hoping the heat don't dry them out till then.

Ajax Bay

Guru
The only items that make this '40-piece' set of tools cycle specific are the two tyre levers.
List the tools therein and tick the ones which you might use on your bike: maybe 8 (if the bike has mudguards)
"Ideal for repairs when out and about" Yeah, right!

Alex321

Guru
Parkside toolkit. Clever bit of copycat branding there. Don't suppose any will be fooled into thinking it's similar quality.
At a ton you know it won't be made of cheese, unlike the Lidl stuff, and it'll last a lifetime.

Not really copycat branding.

Parkside is Lidl own brand for most of the tools they sell, the bike tools are just a small subset of those. And no, of course nobody is going to be fooled about the quality.

Alex321

Guru
Get down to Lidl and splurge a tenner on this....
https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/parkside-bike-tool-kit-41-piece-set/p10015688

OK, it won't be Park Tools quality, but it'll be perfectly adequate for the average cyclist.

Their work stand is also very good value at £25. I have one I have been using for several years now (was £20 when I bought it).

Again, not park tools quality, but most of us don't need that, when we will only usually be using it a few times a month at most.

Top Bottom