Le Col bib shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well stupidly expensive and god knows what the mark up is on these blighters !

But my word they are very very comfy !

Tip - don't ever pay full price - checkout in Microsoft edge and do a voucher search - still set you back around £100 though !

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Tip - don't ever pay full price - checkout in Microsoft edge and do a voucher search - still set you back around £100 though !

It’s great when you find a brand that has pads that are really comfy. Seems to be Assos for me.

vickster

Legendary Member

Can also often get a discount af completing a Strava challenge.
Keep an eye on the integrity of the Lycra as I’ve had the misfortune of being behind several riders whose Le Cols have gone see through :ohmy:

Brandane

Legendary Member
It’s great when you find a brand that has pads that are really comfy. Seems to be Assos for me.

Never have managed to find comfortable cycling shorts. Probably down to my shape - or lack of it! A 34" waist and skinny arse makes cycling shorts look and feel like nappies. DHB were the nearest I found to a decent fit, but even then not great. Not really a concern now since I was told to avoid sun exposure after a melanoma, so no shorts here. Not much chance of overheating in our climate as you know.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Never have managed to find comfortable cycling shorts. Probably down to my shape - or lack of it! A 34" waist and skinny arse makes cycling shorts look and feel like nappies. DHB were the nearest I found to a decent fit, but even then not great. Not really a concern now since I was told to avoid sun exposure after a melanoma, so no shorts here. Not much chance of overheating in our climate as you know.

I never bare my legs either. Assos do a good lightweight summer tight so I’ve got a couple of pairs of them, not that I seem to be cycling much any more sadly. The ever increasing traffic has killed the mojo a bit.

Mike_P

Guru

I have a couple acquired for around £80 each through Strava challenges, definitely the best bibs I have and very comfortable in comparison to others. Its still a game of pot luck buying bibs, is the waist opening and pad the right size and are the straps long enough without digging in. Don't hang on a hook ended hanger as that can damage the mesh fabric strap.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
I have a pair of castelli and you can tell the difference from cheaper shorts so I only wear them on big rides, and wear my cheap boardman / cube shorts for evening rides.

13 rider

Guru
Another le col ,never paid full price ,check out there starva challenges for discounts , but you need to spend over £125 to get £50 off but it is excellent quality

Devonhills

Regular
If they’re comfy and they fit then they’re probably worth every penny.

Willd

Guru
Not sure how I've ever managed without unique structurally mapped fabrics with speed-optimised construction in a jersey made for speed. :wacko:

Marketing BS at its finest ^_^

Alex321

Guru
Pas Normal Studios—the Instagram influencer’s favourite flex. The clothing usually has “PNS” in large letters. Some won’t buy it because PNS sounds like “penis” when you say it out loud.

But everyone loves a bargain. Who wouldn’t be tempted by a cycling jersey for only £210?

https://pasnormalstudios.com/uk/products/mens-pas-mechanism-pro-jersey-mauve

Me :smile:

Castelli stuff when it's on sale for me - £40 is the most I've paid for a top.

It always surprises me just how high the regular prices are for a lot of cycling clothes.

Top Bottom