Labels. What's the bloody point?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I can find some labels very irritating.... And I seem to have lost my fine tipped sewing scissors (I expect my Mum has an extra pair currently). Some clothes have arrived with a sort of stuck on label that can be ripped off, but that's more normal on things like scarves. The worst offenders seem to be when they have heated the edge or doubled it!

Some of my clothes even have a little bow attached to the label to make it "look pretty"... and to torture the wearer:sad:

There have been a couple of companies in hot water over their labels.

Lusso were one a few years ago, and these are more recent

10959400_102001683_3206298b.jpg

sexist-label.jpg

You could try setting the garment down outside, locking the cat indoors, and pouring white spirit over the area where the offending label is and then burning it off maybe. Or maybe not.

Just as well you locked it inside, otherwise it could be a case of a cat impersonating a dog!

Stevec047

Über Member
Working in a company that produces headwear garments unfortunately it is a legal requirement to add labels inside garments which specify country of origin composition and care details.

Some bigger clients that sell the products through Europe and world wide have to oblige to each country's legal requirements which ends up being a booklet of labels all stitched into the product.
By doing this they don't have the additional costs of producing garments for each country.
We have noticed more pre perforated labels which allow the user to tear them all off leaving a near non existent amout of label in the seam but they are very costly.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bikes shops I use allow you to try on cycling shorts with underwear.
I got in trouble when I did that.
They didn't have a changing area so I did it in the shop................I was wearing my wife's G-string at the time.

If you snip the label off as close to the stitching as you can, you will normally find that the remaining bit of label on the other side of the stitching will come away.

And therein lies the problem. IF you should be clumsy enough to cut too close to the stitching then it's fakked, unless you happen to be a master tailor. And it's only happened four/five times to, err, a friend of mine. :whistle:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
There's a company called Tribesport who make running gear. Their kit has perforated care labels you can easily remove before first use.

Top Bottom