Is my bike too big for me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
philipgonzales3

philipgonzales3

Wohoo!! My first couple of rides were slower than average and I couldn't get out of zone 3 for some strange reason. I was like hmm must be me adjusting to the new setup. Even fell over once (unclipped right foot, foot slipped, bike leaned left and down I went!) and got that out of the way. Not a scratch on me since I was fully stopped and I don't believe anyone saw haha. Anyway, took me a couple of days to realize my tire wasn't holding air like it is supposed to due to an unsealed puncture. Leaving the tire puncture side down while on the rack in my garage and then spinning it around a few times sorted that out and mystery solved. I was literally dragging around a flat (semi flat) tire lol. D'oh! First puncture that I know about so was very slow to realize what was happening.

20240629_181846.jpg

Anyway, the next two rides were PR's galore! Even got 2nd in a small segment. Likely most were not going all out in that small section, but I'll take what I can get! To be fair, I was in the saddle the whole time as I'm not very proficient out of the saddle yet. I mostly ride in the neighborhood for convenience as I have mentioned before. Makes tracking progress pretty easy too lol. Probably still "noob gains" coming in, since I've only been cycling since March, but again, I'll take what I can get!
Screenshot_20240703_100710_Strava.jpg

Screenshot_20240703_100654_Strava.jpg

Screenshot_20240703_101007_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg

Hah! We've all had a clipless moment. Welcome to the club! :biggrin:

At least you didn't do it with a backpack full of tomatoes... :whistle:

I once had a Sara Lee chocolate gateau fall out of a plastic bag that was hanging from the handlebars - landed underneath the bike and ran over it with the rear wheel, left an almost perfectly symmetrical concave gorge right through the middle.

The box was still sealed though so I ate it. :smile:

Well, it's a better outcome than dribbling a trail of tomato juice the three remaining miles home... :crazy:

And I had an audience.

Talk about doing it in style :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Great !!
I wish my segments were "easier " to get , so many fast boys around here including an ex pro cyclist so a plodder like me might crack top 50 , out of about 7000 !!
Is it possible to create personal segments that nobody else can view?

At my age and with my health history I have no chance of competing with anybody of even modest cycling fitness and ability, but I would be interested in competing against my own times while not seeing other people's.

vickster

Legendary Member

At my age and with my health history I have no chance of competing with anybody of even modest cycling fitness and ability, but I would be interested in competing against my own times while not seeing other people's.

You can make them private afaik (you may need premium though)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

you can obviously compete against your own PBs as well as filtering by age assuming as @vickster said you have premium

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
you can obviously compete against your own PBs as well as filtering by age assuming as @vickster said you have premium
I'd want to also filter by Lazy + Damaged lung! :laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
I once had a Sara Lee chocolate gateau fall out of a plastic bag that was hanging from the handlebars - landed underneath the bike and ran over it with the rear wheel, left an almost perfectly symmetrical concave gorge right through the middle.

The box was still sealed though so I ate it. :smile:
I would have eaten the cake first,then tried the box.

Bristolian

The only person I compete with is myself. I couldn't care less what times, speeds, distances, etc., that anyone else does.

OP
OP
philipgonzales3

philipgonzales3

Wohoo the miles keep rolling in!
Not sure which one is more accurate, Strava or my watch app, but meh either way. Longest ride yet. 33 miles, or a 3rd of a century. Ventured outside of my neighborhood and rode to the neighboring towns from my house. Got into my neighborhood right at 30 miles. The last 3 were the hardest lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240705_115020_Zepp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240705_115020_Zepp.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240705_115119_Strava.jpg
    Screenshot_20240705_115119_Strava.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240705_115333_Zepp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240705_115333_Zepp.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1720191947346.jpg
    1720191947346.jpg