Is cycle chat descending into surreal mayhem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Sounds like a form of rurally grown cannabis.

Like Motown Gold perhaps?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Can anyone explain the difference between surreal and absurd please?
My pet raccoon is writing a book of surreal haiku and doesn’t want any absurd limericks to sneak in.

If absurd then you will wait endlessly for a mysterious figure named Godot who never arrives. If surreal then whilst you wait you will see melting clocks in a desolate landscape, defying the laws of physics and creating a dreamlike, illogical scene.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
We can’t be sure, Chris Rea has been dispatched to the near future to see how daft it will become :okay:

Images just coming in

IMG_0913.jpeg

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Shropshire Blue is a relatively recent invention

Despite no supporting evidence, I am convinced that Shropshire Blue is an invention by cheese makers to make Stilton outside the area defined in the 1966 trademark ruling.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Can anyone explain the difference between surreal and absurd please?
My pet raccoon is writing a book of surreal haiku and doesn’t want any absurd limericks to sneak in.

I suspect it is in the context and presentation-
Real Madrid - 2
FC Barcelona - fish
would be illogical, and absurd.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
C
I suspect it is in the context and presentation-
Real Madrid - 2
FC Barcelona - fish
would be illogical, and absurd.
Come to think of it, where does bizarre fit in, I don’t want Sheldon, my raccoon,* posting his manuscript off only to have it rejected by the publisher because a bizarre sonnet has wormed its way in. I hate to see a grown raccoon cry.

* Although he is very much his own raccoon, he likes to spend the nights on my bed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom