Interesting and informative pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Interesting that even this bike needs locking, informative that paris has a bike theft problem possibly worse than ours.

I have seen similar locally and took it to be tongue in cheek as the kiddies bike has been there for a while.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Screenshot_20241012-162638~2.png

Medieval times, apparently.. ⚔️
E&OE

markemark

Über Member
Do we kill 1,000,000 a year?

Depends how you view it and how far back you take action/inaction. I would say the actions of governments kills and saves in the millions. Several million die each year form starvation. I would suggest that governments could prevent this. In fact they could also make a huge dent in the malaria deaths each year. But is inaction the same as causing?

Last edited:

Punkawallah

Über Member
Excluding war, intentional homicides are about half that.

Once you add in war, it will almost certainly be more than that.

And that is only intentional killings. If you include accidental killings (most of which are cused by some form of negligence), it will be more again.

According to the UN, about 500,000 died from homicide in 2021. Some 900 died from legal executions and 240,000 from war in 2022.

markemark

Über Member
c1.2m + die each year in road traffic. I would suggest the majority are by humans where at least one of them was negligent as opposed to mechanical or medical emergency.

Top Bottom