Inner tubes that do NOT have a removable core

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have a removable core that is driving me mad, deflation caused me grief last night :angry: Just doesn't want to tighten enough to be airtight
What recommendations for decent qualify fixed core tubes for 25-28mm tyres please (I know Continental and Vittoria are offenders in this respect).
Thanks!

Alex321

Guru
I think you may have to go for schraeder valves if you want that. I'm not sure there are any manufacturers left who make presta valves without removable cores.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I think you may have to go for schraeder valves if you want that. I'm not sure there are any manufacturers left who make presta valves without removable cores.

well I can't go to Schrader with 5 bikes which use Presta :laugh:

There must be some? Halfords? Decathlon even? I don't think my old Michelin ones did

T4tomo

Legendary Member

I think this is poppycock.
Before wiggle's demise I used to buy theirs, which didn't have removeable cores and I think decathlon are the same. Is Fat Mike still selling ex wiggle stock?
Havent bought any for while, the shed is quite well stocked and often used as a purchase to get to free shipping on something else.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I can't remember where mine came from (I think I have a breeding population) but some do and some don't. I think you're going to have to go to a shop, open some boxes and check.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some wheels won't take a schraeder without some drilling; rather you than me!

I have to do that with my 26" MTB rims - they only come in presta.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Finger-tight isn't tight enough. When tightened with a tool I've never had a problem.

Top Bottom