Impressed with trams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Squire
It was in Halton, on the way to Templenewsam, near where Billy Bremner lived. It's now called Plantation Avenue. Unless I just absorbed some folklore, it was renamed after the trams were discontinued - or maybe after the fares went up....

presta

Guru
My father dislocated an elbow when he got tramlined in Leeds back in the days when they were still running, hence:
Trams are ok as long as you don't get tramlined on the bike.
In tens of thousands of miles of cycling I've only ridden a few hundred yards on any roads with inset rails (the line that went down to the quayside at Weymouth), and I was mindful that I kept clear of them. That was in 2008, it seems they were lifted in 2020.

dicko

Guru
As a Child I remember Trolley Busses. I also stayed in Blackpool in 1956 whilst we were found RAF accommodation in London. I enjoyed the Blackpool Trams and later in life toured their Blackpool workshops as I was a Network Rail track designer.

Mike_P

Guru
Probably explains why all the delivery riders in Nottingham city centre use fat tyred ebikes (mostly illegal).

Seemingly not all
1725193942884.png

presta

Guru
Yep friend of mine slipped on a wet tram track in Innsbruck. Broken shoulder and a knackered knee that’ll never be right again. I was very wary cycling around the tracks in Graz on Wednesday!

If your wheel drops into the slot they don't need to be wet.

We’ve been threatened with trams again, after the Super Tram fiasco, and thousands spent on consultants, I’ll believe it when I’m sat on one going into Leeds

The West Yorkshire Transport Plan? I really don't want that as one of the proposed lines is on a disused railway line I use as a cycle path! 😀

Top Bottom