Impressed with trams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We are in Rochdale for a wedding. We got the tram into Manchester yesterday to meet up with some family. £9.60 for two people, return, and across all 4 zones. Quite a bargain I think, we could have used it more but we're too tired so went back to the hotel in Newhay

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are great if it services where you live etc. Absolutely rubbish for South Manchester especially South East.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We were in Manchester 2 weeks back and they were brilliant. Clean, frequent and a great way to get around. Better than the Newcastle Metro too, which is pretty good itself.

Day ticket across 2 zones (1 & 2 for us) was a bargain £3.50.

Only negative was that for an outsider the ticketing system and pricing needed some work to understand.

stephec

Squire
They are great if it services where you live etc. Absolutely rubbish for South Manchester especially South East.

This, and every borough in Greater Manchester that currently isn't connected to the network claims that they are the most important one that needs connecting next

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oldies can use any off-peak trams and trains in Greater Manchester for the grand sum of £10...

... every 5 years! An optional top-up to the free bus pass.

As for Newhey... If you have access to a bike, ride up nearby Dog Hill on the B6197. Fantastic views across Greater Manchester!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This, and every borough in Greater Manchester that currently isn't connected to the network claims that they are the most important one that needs connecting next

The same argument in south east London with lack of tube connections.
Although Croydon has a decent tram network.

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Oldies can use any off-peak trams and trains in Greater Manchester for the grand sum of £10...

... every 5 years! An optional top-up to the free bus pass.

As for Newhey... If you have access to a bike, ride up nearby Dog Hill on the B6197. Fantastic views across Greater Manchester!

We are only here for a wedding but have come up to the Grains Bar in Oldham, the views are very nice from up here

I like trams too, oh wait no I don't as the one in Leeds got cancelled lol.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We are only here for a wedding but have come up to the Grains Bar in Oldham, the views are very nice from up here
From Newhey you probably went up Dog Hill to get there!

1000001047.jpg

Top Bottom