How many football grounds have you been to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Catmuck. The top 6 enjoy huge advantages over the other teams, particularly the ones who's pre-season aim is to stay in the PL.

They can't play your game against you and you know it, they aren't in the PL to please fans of the top 6 foreign owned brands/businesses (aka clubs).
No, they're in it to damage players' careers, as we'll find out this coming weekend.

MarkF

Guru
No, they're in it to damage players' careers, as we'll find out this coming weekend.
? Nothing happened.

I forgot, l didn't think l'd been to a ground outside of the UK & Spain but l have. Lisbon's stadium of light, Volendam (Netherlands), Dundalk & Tilburg (Willem ll). AND Parc de Princes in 1975, my Leeds mad dad & uncle took me to the European Cup Final v Bayern, l remember it vividly, l was well happy when Leeds lost & smirked all the way home. My mum has no idea why l ended up supporting Bradford.

Would love to see the De Kuip before if is replaced, best "old" stadium in Europe IMO

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
This was something I was talking about at the weekend, and I was quite surprised - at first I couldn't think of any 'away' grounds I'd been to, but then I thought a bit longer and came up with:

Maine Road (Manchester City)
City of Manchester Stadium (Manchester City)
Selhurst Park (Crystal Palace - vs MCFC)
Reebok (Bolton - vs MCFC, and then vsSunderland, and also an England U17(?) game)
Ewood Park (Blackburn - vs MCFC)
Old Trafford (Manchester United - vs WImbledon - free ticket)
Anfield (Liverpool - vs MCFC)

I guess some people still go home and away to every game, but I guess fewer do now given the cost and the tv coverage.

Just seen this thread.....

56 grounds out of the current 92 league grounds but I have included old grounds for some clubs i.e. Highbury instead of Emirates ( saw Norwich lose 5-0 ).

Since a mortgage, marriage & kids my live football watching has declined....

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Just seen this thread.....

56 grounds out of the current 92 league grounds but I have included old grounds for some clubs i.e. Highbury instead of Emirates ( saw Norwich lose 5-0 ).

Since a mortgage, marriage & kids my live football watching has declined....

Also been to Anderlecht & FC Nurnberg, as well as a few Scottish grounds and lots of non League grounds.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Haven't been to a live match for years but I used to follow Luton Town and went to several away games when they were in the lower divisions. From memory (bad at the best of times) I've been to the grounds of:
Leyton Orient
Gillingham
Brighton & Hove Albion
Norwich City
Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester City
Rochdale
Luton Town
Watford
Nottingham Forest
Fulham
Northampton

... and Real Madrid when I was on holiday in Spain. They were playing Athletico Madrid and it was a 0-0 draw. Still very entertaining though.

There are probably others I have forgotten now.

This got me wondering, and I honestly don't think I've ever been to a football ground.

Cycling Labs

82 of the current 92 professional clubs - all whilst watching Reading. (No wonder my hair is both going grey and falling out in equal measure!)

Alex H

Legendary Member

Chelmsford City FC when I was about 6 - the only memory I have is of the pipe band at half time

and this one in 1987 :whistle:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Don't like football. However:

1) Villa Park, Birmingham
2) St Andrews, Birmingham
3) New York Stadium, Rotherham
4) Wilks Park, Flackwell Heath
5) Highbury, London

To watch rugby, rather than football:
6) King Power Stadium, Leicester
7) City Ground, Nottingham
I'm also claiming:
8) Millenium Stadium, home of the FA cup final for a few years
9) Landsdowne Road, Dublin.

Been inside the stadium perimeter, but not to watch football:
10) Pride Park Stadium, Derby
11) Rugby Park, Kilmarnock

I think that is it.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You really should. There are some great ones in Germany

I'm going to Berlin in a few months and I'm trying to persuade everyone to go to FC Union there as it's a great club
Also try to get to Hertha's ground. An amazing ground with great history.

presta

Guru
I was going to say none, but......

I got dragged along to one of the London grounds with my dad when Leeds were playing, QPR? Crystal Palace? dunno.
Saw the dog racing at Braintree Town FC
Saw a concert at Sahfend FC
Visited the souvenir shop at Elland Rd, and got Jackie Charlton's autograph
Saw Elton John at Wembley.

Top Bottom