Holdsworth Criterium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
It's not any Holdsworth that I recognise. Interestingly, Holdsworth were one of the early adopters of under bb cable routing for run of the mill bikes.

Been doing some googling this evening and i can't find another Holfdsworth with similar rear stay design neither can i find anything on the bottom bracket markings , even asked couple of frame builders if they have ever seen the marking before so far no one has .

Looking around the frame and where there are scratches and where the rear qr sits there's no sign of a previous colour so it might be original paint .

As toyah said it's a mystery

Been doing some googling this evening and i can't find another Holfdsworth with similar rear stay design neither can i find anything on the bottom bracket markings , even asked couple of frame builders if they have ever seen the marking before so far no one has .

Looking around the frame and where there are scratches and where the rear qr sits there's no sign of a previous colour so it might be original paint .

As toyah said it's a mystery

A big question mark!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

A bit more emailing and googling and I heard back from one frame builder who said he would file away any raised markings on the frames he built and he thought it could be a Long chen or possibly RGF .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

A quick service for the headset after work has totally changed the steering response so thought it was time to give it a ride after setting the saddle and bars to my base settings.

Went nice on the gentle 3 miles ride and certainly felt responsive .

IMG_20240806_201657.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

With this only being a 21" frame it is a bit on the small side for me so just dragged a scruffy 23" Harry Quinn frame out of storage and will swap bits across to give me an ideal base for a winter bike just need to find some caliper with the required drop ie 51mm fr and 57 mm rears

Top Bottom