Hip and Back video exercises, from a professional NHS physio.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
The NHS are quite a good service for physio.
Our local hospital have a "self referral" option. No need to go through the GP etc.

Takes a few weeks for a telephone consultation and then they send you appropriate exercises.

Has helped me a few times to recover, following broken bones.

Drago

Legendary Member
A couple of years ago I self referred.

I got a phone call, bloke took some details. Turns out he too was a retired copper. He said "gotta look after your own" and bumped me to the front of the queue.

It's who you know ;)

Tenkaykev

Guru
The NHS are quite a good service for physio.
Our local hospital have a "self referral" option. No need to go through the GP etc.

Takes a few weeks for a telephone consultation and then they send you appropriate exercises.

Has helped me a few times to recover, following broken bones.

We're lucky to have a " cottage " hospital close by. It has a minor injuries unit and also a self referral Physio department. O was referred there following my fall and arm fracture last year. The physio was very good and when I signed myself off said to ring direct for an appointment and they would see me within a few days.

vickster

Legendary Member
For a minor msk issue, A month here before they'll even put you on the waiting list which is at least another month if you want a convenient time.
Doctor Jo on YouTube is my go to for exercises, she has videos for pretty much any sort of ail

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've been using physios on and off for more than 40 years. This was to sort out the various niggles, strains and other injuries when I was a runner. I still see a physio about once a month as part of a maintenance regime. It costs me £35 a visit which I consider a good investment.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Here is a link to some hip and back video exercises from a professional NHS physio.

Maybe, they might be useful for others with a bad hip and back.

I do these exercises every morning, you need to do both legs slowly.

They have helped enormously.

Link below:
https://gateway.physiotoolsonline.c...tDataid=030bed4967d3405_FB3D987D&PtVer=201901

we should all set aside time for some daily stretches / pilates yoga etc. Anything that helps core strength and flexibility whether you have an on going niggle or not is time well spent.

Slick

Guru
Here is a link to some hip and back video exercises from a professional NHS physio.

Maybe, they might be useful for others with a bad hip and back.

I do these exercises every morning, you need to do both legs slowly.

They have helped enormously.

Link below:
https://gateway.physiotoolsonline.c...tDataid=030bed4967d3405_FB3D987D&PtVer=201901

Its well documented how good stretching is for you, but I just can't get into the habit.

I start off full of good intentions before immediately declaring I have no time to do them, despite having loads.

I think it just bores me.

Its well documented how good stretching is for you, but I just can't get into the habit.

I start off full of good intentions before immediately declaring I have no time to do them, despite having loads.

I'm not terrible at doing (semi)regular stretches. You can feel the improvement as you do them (well, kinda ...)

But for boredom - flippin' planks!!! Weights I get some satisfaction from, but an exercise where you just keep still, waiting as the pain slowly builds - boring AND miserable!!!

Slick

Guru
I'm not terrible at doing (semi)regular stretches. You can feel the improvement as you do them (well, kinda ...)

But for boredom - flippin' planks!!! Weights I get some satisfaction from, but an exercise where you just keep still, waiting as the pain slowly builds - boring AND miserable!!!

Yeah, I know I need to do much more, but I think that's why I took to cycling as my mind is occupied on other things.

I have done exercise and stretching regimes many times to resolve back and leg pain but, stupidly, I stop when it is resolved. I never learn...it always comes back at some time.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My gran used to do a set a of gentle stretches every day and go for a walk with her walking frame from the lounge to bedroom and back 10 times every day even aged 100+. Mind you she had plenty of time.... ^_^

Top Bottom